This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mohamedY-5 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
April 9, 2020 at 12:36 pm #5876103

mohamedY-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to use the Arabic language as a translation but when I use it and translate it into Arabic to "العربية" after saving it turns into ??????

What is the link to your site?
Rentody.com

April 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm #5877369

mohamedY-5

Any content I write in Arabic it turns into "???????" after I save it

April 9, 2020 at 4:39 pm #5878235

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Maybe you are having this issue because in your database character encoding is different than UTF-8. Please check the following documentation for more details and make sure you have the correct character encoding for the table fields.

https://wpml.org/faq/texts-showing-as/

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rohan

April 9, 2020 at 11:10 pm #5879787

mohamedY-5

It's not working.
Plus the plugin in the URL hasn't been updated since 2012.
Before installing WPML plugin it was working very well, this happened after installing the plugin.

Please I need your help ASAP

April 10, 2020 at 10:35 am #5883175

mohamedY-5

Actually I found that my database is using utf8mb4 which is as I read is better than utf8.
What do you think?

April 10, 2020 at 11:12 am #5883361

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

April 15, 2020 at 9:04 pm #5917195

mohamedY-5

I had to remove the full website and create it from scratch again.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!