This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ACS TRADUCTION 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 7:24 am #4312243

ACS TRADUCTION

I am trying to: change the telephone number on the german pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: +49 (0) 71 157 609 036

Instead, I got: +33 (0) 9 72 42 33 43

Just to say, i disactivated the cache when trying to solve this issue !
I m having same problem with the footer.

July 31, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4314913

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

If you have created a child theme, then you might need to register the CHILD theme versions of these same strings. In other words, you are translating the strings that are related to the DIVI parent theme.

To do this, please try following these tips here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

If you are unable to find /register the required strings, then please write back with system access details (wp-admin and ftp) in the private area that I am opening for you.

Thanks

August 1, 2019 at 10:58 am #4320839

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Hmm - I am unable to determine what might be happening.
I installed a new instance of WPML with DIVI and I am unable to reproduce the error here:
hidden link

If you would like to log into the system you can use this link:
hidden link

This suggests that the problem is with your site install. Here is what you can try with the objective of narrowing in on the issue:

1. Confirm that the issue happens with all non-WPML plugins deactivated.
2. Freshly install the DIVI parent theme (remove the theme and then upload a fresh zip version)
3. Activate the fresh version with non-WPML plugins deactivated and see if the problem continues. With this configuration, you should be using the same setup as the sandbox site.

If, with a fresh version of DIVI installed and all non-WPML Plugins deactivated....and if the problem persists...please try upgrading your WordPress to version 5.2.2.

Finally, if with a fresh version of DIVI installed and activated, all non-WPML plugins deactivated...and your system upgraded to WordPress 5.2.2...then write back.

Thanks for your collaboration.

August 2, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4329945

ACS TRADUCTION

Hello again,
I did all of the things you recommended, and it still doesn't work. So, for the time being, I will use the following code for the telephone number:

<?php

$my_current_lang = apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL );
				if (isset($my_current_lang)) 
				{
					if($my_current_lang=='en'){
	  					echo '<a href="tel:+33 (0) 9 72 42 33 43"><span id="et-info-phone">+33 (0) 9 72 42 33 43</span></a>';
					}
					if($my_current_lang=='de'){
					 	echo '<a href="tel:+49 (0) 71 157 609 036"><span id="et-info-phone">+49 (0) 71 157 609 036</span></a>';
					}
					if($my_current_lang=='fr'){
					 	echo '<a href="tel:+33 (0) 9 72 42 33 43"><span id="et-info-phone">+33 (0) 9 72 42 33 43</span></a>';
					}
				}

?>

But this isn't a long-term solution, and considerably complicates the process.

August 2, 2019 at 1:47 pm #4330633

Yvette
Supporter

I agree. This is a workaroudn but not a solution.

Since we cannot reproduce the error on a fresh installation --AND-- in a minimal/similar setup, the problem still happens on your site, the issue is installations specific.

Can you please send me a copy of your site to debug locally. Here are instructions on how to do this: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I am opening the private area for links where we can download the Duplicator package. Please use a filesharing platform like WeTransfer, Filshare.. and only include the downloadable link in your reply.

Thanks

August 6, 2019 at 1:02 pm #4347671

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Could you please temporarily remove the code that you added to the header.php of your child theme?

I´ve reset the String Tranlsation cache tables and with the parent DIVI theme, the phone number is now translating.

I wait for your news

August 6, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4348707

ACS TRADUCTION

Hello,
I have removed the code from header.php. How do I remove the string translation cache tables now? Or has that already been done?

August 6, 2019 at 2:54 pm #4348891

ACS TRADUCTION

So, I just checked, and it's working properly. Could you tell me how to reset the String Translation cache tables myself? Then I'll just fix it solo next time.
Thank you.

August 6, 2019 at 3:03 pm #4348947

Yvette
Supporter

I´m glad that worked for you.

You can do this here:
WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Cleanup >

Then, select the button: "Recreate ST DB cache tables"

Kind regards

August 7, 2019 at 7:19 am #4352441

ACS TRADUCTION

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!