This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 9:57 am #3958733

hlaingM

Hi,

I am trying to translate contents (outputs of the plugin [CP Addons].

I have attached the images (slide 1 and slide 2).

I am unable to translate them. In stead of getting the translation, I got the English duplicates at the Front-End when the 2nd language switch is ON.

Could you please help to resolve the issue? Thanks.

June 5, 2019 at 6:11 pm #3963335

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. I have a couple of requests to track the issue.

a) Please let me know the steps to reproduce the issue. Because I am new to *CP Addons* plugin.

b) I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 6, 2019 at 5:47 pm #3971273

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and login information. Except *Feature my Ad* post *Payments>>Addons* posts are duplicated to the secondary language. But the translation of *Feature my Ad* post is *In progress* stage now. Please check the attached images for more details.

So please complete the translation of *Feature my Ad* post and check you are getting the expected result or not.

In which page you are listing the Payments>>Addons posts, I can't find it exactly.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 7, 2019 at 5:20 am #3974087

hlaingM

Hi,

i tried following the same route previously. It does not work. Now, I translated "highlight my Ad".

To get to that texts on the front-end, at the top right corner, >Post an Ad >> choose Social >> Lost & Found >> Lost (people, things, pets)>> at the bottom, you will see those texts ...[but, you can choose any ad categories. I am giving you an example here]

Normal situation and what I expect to see for the translated texts: "When the English default language switch is ON, typically 4 group of texts (for 4 addons) at the bottom is displayed in a normal condition. Similarly, when the 2nd language switch is ON, I expect to see 4 translations for 4 add-ons.'

Now, when you translated, you have either extra line of addons or the translation replacing the English language of the add-ons for the English language.

When the 2nd language switch is ON, you are seeing extra "Featured my Ad" English texts (a total of 5).

Thanks.

June 7, 2019 at 5:41 pm #3978251

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. It looks like a compatibility issue. So to debug the issue without affecting your live site I have created a test site in our sandbox server. Please check the following login URL.

hidden link

It is a fresh installation. Please install your theme and relevant plugins, then check you can reproduce the issue or not. You can find the SFTP Credentials in *WP Sandbox* menu.

It will help us a lot and we can easily forward it to our developers for debugging.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 8, 2019 at 2:28 am #3979815

hlaingM

Hi,

I already had my theme and WPML settings configured for my previous ticket. But, this time, I re-created this again. Please re-use the one already installed on sandbox for future tickets because it takes a lot of time to install and re-configure everything.

Anyway, I have everything ready at the link you provided. Please check it out. Thank you.

June 9, 2019 at 4:36 am #3982271

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much for setup the test site. But I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly on the test site. Please check the attached images for more details.

Therefore please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

For your kind updates, the test site will expire in 7 days if there is no activity.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 9, 2019 at 7:58 am #3982471

hlaingM

Hi,

Yes, you can duplicate my site. Please let me know what settings you choose and how you did that.

Most importantly, please check to ensure that the effects of the add-ons are generated. (for instance, if you choose VIP/featured ads listing, you should be able to see it in the featured listing section.)

Thank your very much for your time.

June 9, 2019 at 8:01 am #3982475

hlaingM

Hi,

Please see my messages above. I forgot to say one thing.

As soon as you finished duplicating, could you please notify me so that I can get things squared away at my site for the other developer needing to see my site?

Thank you very much.

June 10, 2019 at 10:53 am #3986929

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 11, 2019 at 7:10 pm #3998161

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, I am not able to reproduce the issue on my local servers. It is working fine in our end. Now I am getting the correct result on your site also.

Please check the attached images and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 12, 2019 at 6:46 am #4000689
hlaingM

Hi,

Yesterday, I sorted out the translation issue by removing the plugin and re-installation of the plugin.

Did you do something at my site?

The goal is for the ads and the effect of the 4 add-ons to appear in both languages
regardless of the language the ad-poster uses to post the ad from the front-end. The admin is NOT supposed to get involved or assist from the back-end.

I tested with 2 different ads
(1) My yellow cat missing (posted in English)
(2) My yellow cat missing (posted in 2nd language)

The effects of the 4 addons are not generated when the ad is posted in the 2nd language. I am attaching the issues when the ad is posted in the 2nd language.

I edited the private credentials (username) on WPML so you can have a look at the issues with the account shown.

Thanks.

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-add-ons-to-appear-in-both-languages/

June 12, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4005317

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I have opened a new ticket for the new issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 5, 2019 at 4:30 pm #4152909
hlaingM

Hi,

I tested the following after removing all the custom codes associated with duplication.

Here, I posted the following using the 2nd language. But, the photo is missing as you can see below.

hidden link

When I switch on English below, the ad with the photo appears.

hidden link

It is behaving abnormally like this without any customization codes? Although the ad was posted in the 2nd language, it is appearing as the original ad in English in Ads (backend). There must be issues with the settings or the WPML coding.

The normal behavior should be: if an ad is posted in the 2nd language, it should appear as the original post in the 2nd language in Ads(backend). Could you please help to resolve this issue? Thanks.

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-images-missing-in-the-translated-posts/

July 8, 2019 at 12:39 pm #4162463

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I have opened a new ticket for the images missing issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul