This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
April 17, 2019 at 4:11 pm #3632581

pierS-2

I have just update to your last version Woocommerce multilingual and now I can't open any category or product page of variable products.

I had to disable Woocommerce multilingual in order to fix it and now it works only on English.

Please fix this issue of last update and don't ask me for more.

April 18, 2019 at 12:42 am #3635241

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I should be very happy to be able to help, but unfortunately, I can not replicate the problem you are reporting and I do not even know which error message is being displayed - if any error message is being displayed.

At the moment I'm going to need to request a little more information so I can check it out and if it's actually a bug, report it to our developers.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 19, 2019 at 6:46 am #3643755

pierS-2

Can I get an answer before 24 hours please, as the problem is also on live site?

April 19, 2019 at 2:22 pm #3646469

pierS-2

Woocommerce Multilingual also displayed error during the last update (error failed)

I just hope that it didn't damage our database

April 19, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3646475

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Pier,
My Name is Marcel and I will take care now of your ticket. Please excuse the delay, my colleague Bruno is having a national holiday today.

Thank you for the provided information. I will try to replicate it now and send you ASAP an answer with the next steps.

Best Marcel

April 19, 2019 at 2:28 pm #3646497

pierS-2

HI,

Thank you for answering Marcel.

Yes, I need your promt support

Kind regards
Pier

April 19, 2019 at 4:52 pm #3647617

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

HI Pier,

thank you for your patience, I tested now the issue on your Staging environment.

The issue also occurs on a minimal environment test with a basic WordPress Theme and only Woo + WPML (without any custom code from your Theme). The problem arises here as well.

I was not able to reconstruct the issue on a clean Sandbox environment. I noticed a PHP log about a deprecated PHP function and asked our 2nd Tier support for help.

I will inform you ASAP I know more. To get this issue debugged faster, I would please ask you to provide a site copy using this way: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This will help our developers to fix your problem faster.
Can you please provide the site copy?

Many Thanks
Best Marcel

April 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm #3650349

pierS-2

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Admin, because I 'm on vacation.

Please feel free to install the duplicator or anything else that you need to copy the site.

Kind regards
Pier

April 22, 2019 at 7:50 am #3654267

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I am Sumit from 2nd tier support.

I am checking the issue and duplicating the site. Meanwhile, I do not see anything in the error log.
Is it possible to provide a server error log? Because this is a server side error message and a server log can help us to identify the issue quickly.

I will update you if I manage to replicate the issue on our servers.

Thanks

April 22, 2019 at 9:21 am #3654803

pierS-2

Hi,

I don't think it is a server issue, as the same problem also persists on another server and it was caused by your Woocommerce Multilingual update.

I can only said that there was an error during the update of the plugin (a long text and code in red alert) that happened during the Woocommerce database updating.

Anyway, you can see Server log here: hidden link

Kind regards
Pier

April 23, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3663797

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I have escalated the issue to my team. And I have patched a file with a temporary workaround.
Please let me know if it works now?

I will keep you posted about the status of the issue.

Thanks

April 23, 2019 at 12:23 pm #3663801

pierS-2

Hi,

Yes it seems to work but please let me know the patch and exactly where you changed code.

Kind regards
Pier Serta

April 23, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3663825

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Yes sure.
#1 Please go to \wp-content\plugins\woocommerce-multilingual\classes\media\class-wcml-product-image-filter.php line number 31
#2 Replace this line

remove_filter( 'get_post_metadata', array( $this, 'localize_image_id' ), 11, 3 );

with

$removed = remove_filter( 'get_post_metadata', array( $this, 'localize_image_id' ), 11, 3 );
			if (!$removed) {
			    return;
			}

If you're thinking to add this on live site
#1 Please make sure it works
#2 Please create a full backup of the site before making changes.
#3 We have released a new version please update to the latest version before making any changes.

Thanks

April 23, 2019 at 1:27 pm #3664295

pierS-2

HI,

It seems to work now BUT please don't update your plugin in future unless you have tested well.

Such issues are bugs that need to disable the plugin and the customers are showing us the problem without the Multilingual plugin.

REgards
Pier

April 26, 2019 at 1:38 pm #3691021

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I am sorry for that. We run both manual and automated tests before releasing a new version however, this issue is related to specific data. So we can not reproduce this on new site.
We used your site DB to fix the problem.

Anyway, we have released a new version with the fix WCML 4.6.2 please update.

Thanks