This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fernandoP-22 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 23, 2018 at 6:45 pm #2843867

fernandoP-22

After a long time without advancing with my webpage, finally I was making some progress.

I use DIVI (Elegant Themes). The problem appeared when I translated a DIVI library item.

Then, when returning to the page, I could not enable Divi builder anymore. A message appeared saying that there was a conflict with one plugin. After that I have found also another problem, it changed the Divi library item to Spanish both versions (translated and not translated version), when before it was working fine, showing English and Spanish.

After trying different things with no results, I went to plugins and deactivated WPML ALL Import and WMPL Strings. Then I activated them again.

What I find now is a message which says "WPML could not load configuration files, which your site needs".

October 24, 2018 at 1:15 pm #2846405

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to help you with this.

Could you please disable enable the WPML plugin and let me know if this helps?

There is a retry link under the message "WPML couldn't load configuration files" can you click on it and let me know if that helps? Also if the link doesn't exist could you please provide me a screenshot so I can further debug this?

Further, could you please perform the below steps and share me the results?

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

In addition, your current memory limit is set to 40M, while the Minimum requirements is 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You need to increase the Memory Limit. In order to increase the memory you can add this following code to the top of wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M'); 
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

You can find more about increasing memory allocated to PHP in the WordPress codex, link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 24, 2018 at 6:07 pm #2847504

fernandoP-22

Hi Shekhar,

Nice speaking to you again.

Let me answer you:
- About retry option: it does not work. That was something easy; I had already tested it.

- About memory increase: I am unable to find wp-config. So I have contacted my provider to do it for me. They are usually very fast resolving issues.

- About enabling / disabling WPML plugin: done. The "WPML couldn't load configuration files" message has disappeared. But I checked that the DIVI item that previously was in English is now in Spanish, and more important, it still does not allow me to enable DIVI builder, so I cannot work.

- Debugging: I really would like to assist you with this. However I have come across the same problem as trying to increase the memory: I cannot find wp-config (I understand this is a very basic matter, but my knowledge is quite limited). Please, how can I access to it? It is inside my wordpress? Is it inside my control panel? Within my control panel I can access to a file root (file administrator), with files such as public_html / wp-admin… but wp-config does not seem to be there. Should I ask my provider or could you give me more information?

Change: I have tried again to enable DIVI Builder, and it works (with still one translation lost). Please Shekhar, how I should I proceed translating DIVI library items? Should I go to DIVI library or should I forget about the library and translate everything on every page?

Thanks,

Fernando

October 25, 2018 at 12:37 pm #2849752

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Glad to know it's working now, to translate divi library, could you please use the steps provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-divi-custom-layouts

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

October 25, 2018 at 4:07 pm #2850461

fernandoP-22

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!