This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 8:43 pm #3752627

Camila Lopez Chacon

After the last update we encountered some strange issues on the site. The site only has two languages, English and French. Using Divi theme, with classic translation editor and the WPML Translation Editor off.

Some pages that were set to be duplicates of the original language (En) got switched, meaning the Fr was made the original language and the En was made the duplicate.

In some cases, pages were marked as duplicates and overrode the original content (this happened both ways).

In other cases some pages were marked as duplicates of each other.

We managed to revert most of these cases, mainly by separating duplicates and restoring content from revisions. The site has a large number of pages and the recovery was very time consuming.

Hopefully this is relevant information to keep in mind for future updates, or perhaps there is something we're overlooking in our setup?

May 7, 2019 at 4:37 am #3753801

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Seems strange, updating the plugins shouldn't result in such way, I am not sure if it was an update of the plugin that broke the duplicates or something specific on your site, that created this issue with the update.

Either way, I think this needs to be debugged, one of the easy ways to debug this would be by providing us the backup file of your site (previous update) if possible, so we can update the plugin and see the changes.

Along with this, it would be much easier, if you can add a few lists of products that were affected, so I can monitor those products during the debugging.

If you don't have the backup file of your site prior to the update, you can also provide us the current backup file and share the lists of products, I will try to downgrade the plugin and upgrade it again to see if the issue can be reproduced.

To send a backup file you can use backups plugins, or use hosting services back up and send it using google drive, dropbox, etc to us. If you can, I request you to remove the uploads folder from the backup as it will be easy to download due to the size.

I have enabled the private reply so you can send those links in the private reply. If you use some backup plugins installed and you created the packages, you can just provide login details and mention us, we can download it from the site itself.
hidden link

Look forward to receiving your answers so we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks

May 7, 2019 at 1:35 pm #3758503

Camila Lopez Chacon

Thanks, I do have a backup pre-updates. We're using updraft. I can give you access but I don't see the option to mark the reply as private.

May 8, 2019 at 4:28 am #3763821

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I have enabled the private reply so send the login details in the next private reply.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 3:27 am #3772669

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

While I try to download the file it says file not found, so could you please check it once again?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 16, 2019 at 1:40 pm #3826443

Camila Lopez Chacon

Hello,

We're getting a staging site set up for you, hopefully I can send you access by tomorrow.

Thanks for the patience!

May 17, 2019 at 4:04 am #3831313

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Sure, let me know once it's done.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Issues with duplicates after latest update’ is closed to new replies.