This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 6:42 pm

Camila Lopez Chacon

(submitting again, previous ticket got closed, see https://wpml.org/forums/topic/issues-with-duplicates-after-latest-update/)

After the last update we encountered some strange issues on the site. The site only has two languages, English and French. Using Divi theme, with classic translation editor and the WPML Translation Editor off.

Some pages that were set to be duplicates of the original language (En) got switched, meaning the Fr was made the original language and the En was made the duplicate.

In some cases, pages were marked as duplicates and overrode the original content (this happened both ways).

In other cases some pages were marked as duplicates of each other.

We managed to revert some of these cases, mainly by separating duplicates and restoring content from revisions. The site has a large number of pages and the recovery was very time consuming.

Hopefully this is relevant information to keep in mind for future updates, or perhaps there is something we're overlooking in our setup?

I've added staging login.

June 18, 2019 at 9:45 am #4042203

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Could you please provide me a few duplicates examples on the staging site? So I can debug it further.

Did the same mix-up happened after the last update too?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 18, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4043977

Camila Lopez Chacon

Yes, here are some examples.

These pages are showing as duplicates of the English, but did have their own french content:

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

And yes, even though everything is up to date, the issue persists.

June 19, 2019 at 4:23 am #4047919

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The pages you provided are 404 pages except for the labeling page, I checked the labeling page and also it's translations and couldn't find any french content, You mentioned they have there own french content could you please let me know if you can see those contents in the backend?

Thanks

June 19, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4051769

Camila Lopez Chacon

These are the pages on the staging site, we've manually fixed most of them on the live site. And you're right the labelling page doesn't have any french I double checked. I've added another example.

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

June 20, 2019 at 4:41 am #4056615

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

All the links you provided have English content, being so, I couldn't find a way to replicate the issue.

Do you have a backup file of the site where it was French before the update, so I can try to update and catch the error? Or are you aware of any steps that can reproduce the issue?

Thanks

June 20, 2019 at 1:42 pm #4060325

Camila Lopez Chacon

You'll see the french content in the pages' revisions. The changes occur around May 31 and after which is when we did the plugin update.

June 21, 2019 at 10:20 am #4066255

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am checking the revisions of the page, hidden link and can see french content from 29 April which contains French content.

Being so, do you have a backup file of the site where it was French before the update, so I can try to update and catch the error? Or are you aware of any steps that can reproduce the issue?

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Issues with duplicates getting mixed up after latest update’ is closed to new replies.