Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

We have a longer than usual waiting time, before you open a ticket please make sure you are running the latest WPML versions and that your issue is not already reported - https://wpml.org/known-issues/

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 8:52 pm #4718063

John

Hey Raja, hope you're fine and nice to see you again here:
I have some issues with my theme which theoretical it is wpml compatible but it will be easier for me to explain by just showing you 2 shorts video capture.
If it is possible I would you to activate a private reply so I can share the URL for both videos.

1. In the first video you will see the mini cart issue when changing languages, it will fall to default one. (I'm on RO and will go back to ENG on checkout and cart page on mini cart )
2. In the 2nd (this issue happens only when WPML is activated) I cannot delete sometimes the products from the cart page.
In both situations, all cache plugins are deactivated and I have tested on both incognito and local account.

Thanks and I hope you will manage to help me with this.
All the best!

October 8, 2019 at 10:58 pm #4718315

John

Moreover, i observe double slash on my media.
Issue similar to this one: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/double-slash-in-url-at-english-version-of-attachment/

hidden link

October 9, 2019 at 2:50 pm #4723829

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this, I hope you don´t mind.

While many themes state they are compatible with WPML the only ones we have fully tested are found on this list which, unfortunately, does not include the active theme you are using:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

For new themes like yours, we ask your collaboration to replicate the problem on a sandbox site which has been pre-configured with Woocommerce /WPML/WCML and some sample products.

Please upload your theme and create a sample case that illustrates the issues you are describing.
Here is the login:
hidden link

Once you have done this, please write back with instructions on how to replicate the issue. I can then investigate it and send it up to our compatiibility team if needed.

Thanks in advance!

October 9, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4725127

John

Hello,
I think it is more ok to create a stage (I'm on siteground and already have this option) because it implies 2 domains (1 per language).
Please activate a private reply so I can give you access and all information.
Thanks.

October 9, 2019 at 6:36 pm #4725151

Yvette
Supporter

OK

Here you go....

October 11, 2019 at 8:18 am #4736361

Yvette
Supporter

Hello
Hello

You´ve included several issues in the same ticket. For now, we will address the CART issues of your theme and then we´ll separate out the other Media and PHP warnings into new tickets.

1. Cart Ajax
I temporarily changed the URL format to be "directory per language" and the problem persists, so the different domains does not have any influence in this behaviour.

I then also, temporarily, activated the Storefront theme, and the problem is not reproducible.
Here is the screencast:
hidden link

This suggests that the problem is with the theme.

2. Cart deletion
I am not sure I understand the steps required to make this happen and what the problem is. Please confirm that I have understood you screencast:

Problem: item is not deleted from cart immediately

Steps to reproduce:
- open two tabs and add products to cart from each tab.
- open cart in a third tab
- delete items from the cart one-by-one. Sometimes the item does not delete immediately and you have to select the deletion several times.

Note: This also happens with URL format " a language per directory".
This is not happening with theme Storefront.

3. Conclusion:
The problem seems to be with the way the theme is written. And we have seen on your staging site that the problem is not dependent on having separate domains.

We return to our protocol of loading up your PUCA theme into the prepped sandbox site so that I can send this to our comaptibility team for resolution:
hidden link

I will not be able to send then a copy of your staging site unfortunately.

October 14, 2019 at 12:47 am #4746017

John

Hey again, I have uploaded the theme on your sandbox.
Waiting for your response thanks in advance!

October 14, 2019 at 6:50 am #4747381

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´m not able to replicate the problem on the sandbox site - are you?

October 14, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4750113

John

Hello again,
Strangely I saw that the issue doesn't persist so I decided to move a copy of my site to your sandbox.
Your user and password is same as on the private reply above (exactly on how it was on staging).
---
After migration the issues still persists:
1. Url on ajax: hidden link
2. Products deletion on cart page
3. I can't reproduce the media URL double slash on 2nd language.

Waiting for your answer. All the best!

October 14, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4751049

Yvette
Supporter

Well - the purpose of the sandbox site was precisely to isolate the different areas of the problem. In this case, the fact that a fresh install with your theme did not demonstrate the issue meant that we could eliminate the suspicion of your theme.

What we **would** have then done was to ask you to deactivate your plugins ON YOUR SITE to determine if the problem also disappeared on your site. The key is/was to go step by step until we could isolate the problem using the sandbox as a control.

Since our "baseline" case (which was the sandbox site that was not a replica of your installation) no longer exists I guess we cannot really do this anymore.

Having you move your site to the sandbox server at least proves that your double slash problem is server related. Do you agree?

With regards to the AJAX, I would ask you to now do the exercise of deactivating all the non-WPML plugins and seeing if you can still replicate the issue. Although I think we might have alrady done this on your staging site (?). If it proves to be futile, I´ll create a nother sandbox site and we´ll start again from scratch.

October 14, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4751281

John

Hello again,
I have disabled all plugins and the issue persists... I think somewhere there is a misconfigured setting, but I don't know where it could be.
2. Regarding double slash, I saw that there are some other users with the same issues... I also checked all haccess and other server files but again I couldn't find any clue.
So what should I do next?

October 14, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4751359

John

Update:
So like I said I have deactivated everything and error still persists and I tried this:
1. Reset to default theme settings - issue still persists
2. Reset to default wpml languages - issue still persists
3. Reset wpml (deleted all translations, all icl db tables etc) - issue is fixed now on ajax is display correctly.

October 15, 2019 at 11:24 am #4756579

Yvette
Supporter

Hmmm - I think it is going to be easier to get back to a baseline since all the WCML configuraiton is gone and you have a lot of sample data to now configure.

So here is a new sandbox site. Please upload your theme again and let me know when I can continue troubleshooting.
hidden link

October 15, 2019 at 11:27 am #4756613

John

Hey again,
Just uploaded the theme. 🙂 Thanks

October 15, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4757183

Yvette
Supporter

Is your staging site still available? I´m not able to reach it.

I´ll need to determine what config is causing this behaviour.