Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 15, 2019 at 4:15 pm #4758991

John

Sorry,
Please use staging2 instead of staging1 and same user and pass as above 😀

October 18, 2019 at 12:11 pm #4781771

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello

sorry for my late reply. Can you please check your staging site to see if you can reproduce the error now?

For me, the mini-cart in RO is now linking to the correct Cart page -- and--
the Cart page links to the correct Checkout page in RO.

October 18, 2019 at 12:17 pm #4781779

John

Hey there,
Thanks seems to be working now. What was the main issue? 😀
Sadly the issue with cart still remains when more than 2 products are on it.
Thanks again for your support.

October 18, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4782151

Yvette
Supporter

I believe it is the setting here:

WPML > Langauges > Make themes work multilingual

To be sure, you can disable it and see if the problem returns. For the other issue, are you able to reproduce it on the sandbox site?
hidden link

If you can, please let me know the exact steps (or upload a screencast) and I can then send it to the compatibility team.

Please do not change any configuration or add any other plugins to the sandbox site.
Thanks

October 18, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4782359

John

Hello, on sandbox seems all to be working fine...I have added 4 products to cart and I can delete them 1 by one, but on stage it somehow reload the page and the product is still on the cart.
On stage i have deactivated wpml and the cart product deletion is working normally.
Any advice?

October 18, 2019 at 5:36 pm #4784791

Yvette
Supporter

Hi

So here is what I have done so far:
- deactivated al your non-WPML plugins on the staging site and confirmed the problem still exists

- took a duplicator snapshot of your staging site and installed it on my local server. Here, the problem does not happen.

This suggests some kind of server-related setting.

The next step would be to migrate your STAGING2 site to another server and test if the same problem happens. If it does not, then we can confirm this is a server issue and I can escalate it to our 2nd tier support group. Here are the instructions for migrating your site.
==============================================

To troubleshoot this issue without affecting your site I created a test server for you in Cloudways (https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/).
If it is OK with you, we can migrate your content there to further debugging without any risk on your end.
To do the migration please follow these simple steps:

1.Install this plugin in your site: Cloudways WordPress Migrator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/)

2. After you activate it you will be redirected to the migration form

3. Fill it with this information:

--Email:
Your email here, as you will be notified about the migration progress.

--Destination Site URL:
wordpress-219768-1027223.cloudwaysapps.com

--Server Public IP Address:

--Database Name:
jgpqvamfqs

--Database User:
jgpqvamfqs

--Database Password:
ACEJwR3gGg

--SFTP User:
yvette-4718063

--SFTP Password:
Yvette-4718063

4. Agree with the terms of service and click on "Migrate"

5. More information:
hidden link
You will get an email when the migration starts, and one when the migration ends.

6. Let me know when the migration is ready and I will check the issue in the test site immediately.

The copy of your site will be online, but search engines won't index it (the copy) so you don't have to worry about duplicate content.

The information you share with us will be confidential. Once the problem is resolved the details you shared with us will be deleted from our records.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

October 25, 2019 at 12:45 am #4823667

John

Sorry for late response, but I was gone for few days. Migration has started, hope everything is ok now.

October 27, 2019 at 8:09 pm #4835539

Yvette
Supporter

Ok.

I went to your migrated RO shop and filled the basket with some items. I then went to the cart page and started deleting items to see if the problem still was there.

I was unable to replicate the problem. Can you now try?

If you cannot replicate the issue, we are left with a problem that is related to your server.
I wait for your feedback and configrmation of whether you can reproduce the issue.

October 27, 2019 at 8:16 pm #4835547

John

Hello again,
I don't think it is server related. Please check below
hidden link

October 28, 2019 at 8:39 am #4836831

Yvette
Supporter

You are right! I had not tested emptying the cart completely.

I have now escalated your ticket to our 2nd tier group for further investigation/resolution.

December 2, 2019 at 12:39 am #5050573

John

Hello, any updates?

December 2, 2019 at 11:29 am #5052735

Yvette
Supporter

I´m sorry - nothing to report but I¨ve placed a request for updateton the 2nd tier ticket. I hope to have some news for you as a result.

January 6, 2020 at 11:33 pm #5242975

John

Hello,
We are in a new year and yet no response, support offered....for my issue.
Any eta, info, news?

January 7, 2020 at 9:56 am #5245495

Yvette
Supporter

Happy new year.

Yes, I can see that they are working on it but with no solution to offer yet. The challenge is that the issue is not easily/regularly/reliably reproduced. It happens, but under unknown conditions.

The last "update" to the internal work ticket was on 6 jan. So, I can tell you that it is definitely being worked on and there are 2 people assigned to it.

I hope that I can update with some more interesting news soon.

February 19, 2020 at 11:01 am #5522857

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I have good news that this issue is fixed with the next release of WCML. Changing the status of this ticket to "Fixed in next release".