This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 1:35 pm #2796151

pedroA-26

Invoice Number:
Order Date:
October 5, 2018
Transaction:
wc_order_5bb7bacdc6375

Site: maravilhatours.com

Hi,

I tried PolyLang and qTranslateX, both failed to do at some level.

With PolyLang I could get almost everything translated, but a few objects like the main Tours page, Tour Types, Attributes weren't working with multi languages.

Translating pages meant having a page in English and a corresponding one in Portuguese, worked ok.

With qTranslateX the translation process was simpler to some level, more finetuning, a bit more work than PolyLang but was able to translate everything but the main Tours page.

I was trying to purchase WPML Wendesday, so I would have Thursday and Friday to get some help as you are closed for the weekend.

Unfortunately only managed to purchase WPML late Friday night, installed it on a test server, then installed it on the live server, by then was about 3am Saturday morning, and you were closed to get some help.

Invoice Number:
Order Date:
October 5, 2018
Transaction:
wc_order_5bb7bacdc6375

Site: maravilhatours.com

ISSUES where I need your help:
(I added images and URLS to assist)

1) Search box on home page doesn't change default values in Portuguese
When language is set to English it shows correctly as "Tour Type", "Destination" and "Month". When page is set to Portuguese, should show "Tipos de Tours, "Destinos", Meses", instead shows the English default values.

Here shows issues with search box in Portuguese - Image001.png: hidden link

Site in Portuguese: hidden link

1.1 Month is not shown sorted correctly in Portuguese.
I had already done the translation in Products-Attributes for "Destination" and "Month", and created corresponding values in Portuguese.

However then the values are shown on the page, its using "PRODUCT_MONTH", which is managed within WPML, the months are sorted incorrectly and doesn't allow me to reorder them.

How can I edit this, to allow the correct sorting?

Check the MONTH box on the page in Portuguese: hidden link

2. Broken footer in Portuguese
Have a look at the bottom of any page in English and the footers are always showing correctly.

When we change the language to Portuguese, the footer appears broken.

Broken footer - Image002.png: hidden link

Scroll down to the very bottom of any page: hidden link and you will see it.

3. Tours page
I tried everything to create a corresponding Portuguese page for each English page, but failed, could not get the Tours page to open correctly in Portuguese, in English works perfectly.

Working Tours page in English - Image004.png: hidden link

Broken Test Tours page 1 in Portuguese: hidden link

Also tried hidden link with Test Tours page 2 in Portuguese.

How do I create/manage the Tours page in multiple languages?

I also sent a message to the creators of the WPTravel theme, or hidden link, I suspect they may have the answer to this question.

4. Newsletter in Portuguese
How do I manage the newsletter information on the page, when page set to Portuguese?

Its visible on all pages, just under the footer area, just scroll down any page.

Newsletter info in Portuguese - how_translate_newsletter.png: hidden link

Scroll down to the very bottom of any page: hidden link and you will see it.

5. Tour Types
On the dashboard there is PRODUCTS-Tour Types, but "Tour Types" doesn't have any language selection for any of its entries.

Tour Types - tour_types.png: hidden link

----------

I am here and working 16-20 hour days to finish this project, send any question if there is anything that is not clearly explained.

Thanks a lot

Josh Folgado

October 9, 2018 at 1:33 pm #2800172

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @pedroa-26, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for the additional questions? We can only handle one issue per ticket (each one has a different cause), and this will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

If this is ok for you, I will handle the issue #1 on this ticket.

If the strings are ready for translation on the theme's code, you can use the String Translator to translate the strings. Please try the steps below:
- Make sure you have the Translation Magagement and String Translator extensions active. If not, you can download here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Go to WPML > Theme and Plugin Localization > Strings in the themes
- Select your theme and click on Scan selected theme for strings
- Go to WPML > String Translation and search for the Strings
- Translate the string, check the Translation is complete field and click on Save.

Ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If you can not find the strings, check it is possible to find it on the Translate texts in admin screen page, like on this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego