This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 12:08 pm #2773681

gabyK

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to copy post content to the different language.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, there is the button on the post for copying content.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
You can see real estate manager plugin post. It has lots of post details.

What is the link to your site?
thepropertyhouse.online

September 30, 2018 at 4:48 pm #2776682

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 1, 2018 at 6:39 pm #2779187

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

For translating this custom fields please follow the steps provided in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Note: Please keep all plugins and themes up-to-date. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Best regards,
Carlos

October 3, 2018 at 1:27 pm #2784678

gabyK

Hi Carlos,

I did those changes. And retried that but still not working for me.
Let me send you some screenshot for more understanding about the issue.

Please check attachments in sequence number.

Thank You

October 3, 2018 at 6:12 pm #2785462

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message and the screenshots.

Before we continue isolating the cause of this issue I need to ask you to update all outdated plugins and themes to their latest version.

Once the plugins and themes are up-to-date I kindly ask you to flush any cache memory that might exists and re-save the permalink structure.

Note: Please don't forget to create a full backup of the site before making any change.

Could you tell me if the issue persists after the steps above?
Best regards,
Carlos

October 4, 2018 at 6:58 am #2786513

gabyK

I did those all steps. But unfortunately, the problem still exists. Could you please check the admin? If I did any misconfiguration?

October 4, 2018 at 5:28 pm #2788381

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.

I just visited the page and there are still 4 plugins and the theme that needs to be updated. Please update this to their latest version before we continue. This way we can rule out some possible compatibily and/or interacction issues that has been resolved already.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos