This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4347263

tang-zhengS

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I try to translate my first page,but it seems does not translate.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
attached a picture. from your vedio to see, it will translate by the editor.but i can not figure out
Is there a similar example that we can see?
no idea
What is the link to your site? i paste it below.hidden link

August 6, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4347303

tang-zhengS

i did not find any aswer for this

August 6, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4347883

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Can you clarify if you are expecting the system to automatically translate the content on the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen?

If so, then you have activated the wrong translator. The translation editor in the screenshot you provided is the "Classic Translation Editor"(CTE) where there is no automatic translation available.

To have the assistance of machine translation, you need to use the "Advanced Translation Editor" (ATE) There, you will have the option to have the ATE server automatically fill in the translated content. However, you will still have to manually approve each translation.

You can toggle between editors here:
WPML > Settings >How to translate posts and pages > New content

Thanks for your clarification on what you are trying to achieve.

August 6, 2019 at 3:27 pm #4349185

tang-zhengS

we speak French and English. We need to add the translation on our elementor website. that is our final aim.Could you show me how to translate a page and public on our website finally. I tried to learn from your video, but nothing is working from my side. I change to ATE. It is only translated to French. we need to let those translation on our web.

August 6, 2019 at 3:50 pm #4349257

Yvette
Supporter

Ok - so I understand that you want to use the ATE to translate your site to French using machine aided translation.

Is this correct?

Which video tutorial are you using? Is it for the ATE or the CTE?

Thanks

August 6, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4349437

tang-zhengS

I am not sure you really understand me. We buy your plugin to let people read different languages on our website. but now I can not do so. you can only translate my content into French. that is not what I want. I want people can read my website in French.if you can not do so. only do translation. I do not need it.

August 6, 2019 at 5:29 pm #4349757

Yvette
Supporter

Our plugin provides a FRAMEWORK so that **YOU** can create translations of post types, widgets, administrative texts, menus, image captions..etc

Our plugin does NOT do the translations - **you** must do it.

If you are not willing to do the work to translate the content of your website into French, then this plugin is not for you.

If you have translators and are able to create translations, then you should read-up on how to create the translations using our translation edtors.

I see that you might still be in the timeframe to return the plugin - so I would suggest that you consider doing this.

The topic ‘[Closed] it does not translate the pages’ is closed to new replies.