This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 9:54 am #3774857

anneliW-2

I have had a support ticket but someone closed it and I have contacted the forum as well. When I register my domain it says the key is invalid. I have done as you suggested, to remove the domain name and try again, several times but it´s still the same problem. I want a refund now because this obviously doesnt work and you dont help me and it has been weeks.

May 9, 2019 at 10:00 am #3774917

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

- With this license, WPML allows you to register maximum 1 site and you can add/remove any site any time but total registered sites should not be more than 1.

- Could you please make sure your current site URL and registered site URL are same e.g. with www or without www.

If still issue persists, please follow the steps below and let me know how it goes?
- Please backup your database and website
- Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.
- Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will just delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, all your data will be kept saved.
- Install and activate WPML again. You can download it from your account: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Again register WPML in your site and enter the new key:
Please Login to your WPML account >> go to Sites page >> Remove your current site / domain from there >> and re-add your site >> it will give you New key which you can add back in your site: https://wpml.org/account/sites/

I can do above steps for you if you want. To do it please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and WPML Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

May 9, 2019 at 10:18 am #3775079

anneliW-2

I have tried to register just ONE domain, I have removed and tried to register again...several times, and haven´t used www
I can give you the details to delete, install and activate and add the domain again but I cannot do a backup so I cannot allow you to reinstall my customized theme. To risky.

May 9, 2019 at 10:55 am #3775479

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Okay, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and WPML Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thank you

May 9, 2019 at 11:54 am #3775829

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have registered your site by following below steps:
- I have logged in to your site and copied your site URL ‘hidden link
- I have logged in to your WPML account get your site key from Sites page >> ‘Add new site’ button >> Added your site URL here and pressed ‘Add’ button
- Then I went to WP Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add New >> Commercial tab >> clicked on “Register WPML” button add added your site key here.

And now your site is registered successfully as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Thank you