This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Client translated a string from the "Modern Events Calendar" plugin but it was not showing the right translation.

Solution: Client solved it this way: "The reason the string did not change, was because I did not book a new event. Now, after doing the changes it works fine."

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danielF-60 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 1:24 pm #3847261

danielF-60

i translated a string to French and German but it doesn't show the correct translation. Plugin is buddypress. how can I fix this issue? please have a look in attachment.

the plugin I found this string is mec (modern events calendar) - but this text is also shown in buddypress plugin. So the question is where can I change the text I sent you the screenshots of?

May 20, 2019 at 4:44 pm #3849037

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

The way to translate those strings really depends on how they have been implemented in the code.

1. From what I can understand, you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and searched for any of the words in that sentence and that is the only result that you receive back after you search.

It could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if more results show up:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

2. If you receive the same results in WPML > String Translation, these strings might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

If you still can't find it, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 21, 2019 at 1:43 pm #3855613

danielF-60

The reason the string did not change, was because I did not book a new event. Now, after doing the changes it works fine. I have another question though. the screenshot is from buddypress activity page. Why does it show the language from the page the member did the activities? Should it not only show the language from the selected language?

May 21, 2019 at 2:45 pm #3856297

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I am very happy to hear that this issue got resolved.

From my understanding, there is also a different issue happening.

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you to please mark this ticket as resolved and open a new ticket for the additional issue?

I have no idea what is causing it and it would need a deeper look for sure.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 21, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3856545

danielF-60

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!