This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 11:56 pm #4184795

karenK-9

Hi.

Your plugin drives me crazy again, again and again. I already hate it :((((

Check this video and let me what happened this time hidden link

In simple words, I am translating the same articles (there are tons of them on the site with the same template, just text is different). Half of them I did without any issue, however some of them has missing fields. In addition it somehow adds the wrong translation as well.

this website is not for testing so don't ask to login there.

thanks

July 11, 2019 at 11:36 am #4189389

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I'm very sorry to hear that you have issues with your plugin. Since you cannot provide us with wp-admin access to your website, can you tell me if you can at least provide us with duplicator package so that we can debug this on our localhost?

I have checked the video, but without having access to website, there is little I can do I'm afraid because I do not know why these fields - that seem to be registered for translations - are not showing up on some translations.

If you can provide us with duplicator package, I have set your next reply as private where you can put the link on the package.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 11, 2019 at 5:21 pm #4192265

karenK-9

I don't use duplicator. I used All In One Migration Tool (which is far better).
hidden link

I need to provide a password somehow to get a file.

July 12, 2019 at 5:53 am #4195305

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

You can put this link into "Duplicator" template and write the password inside the private reply.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 12, 2019 at 10:50 am #4197779

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I successfully restored the website on my localhost. Can you give me at least 2-3 page titles (or URLs) of the pages where the issues are present (most likely where all the content is not available for translation, if I understood it all completely)?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 12, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4200173

karenK-9

On the Service area page the first top 3 sections with articles have translations.

Just check Federal Way , WA the last column with articles. This is where it started

July 15, 2019 at 9:32 am #4209155

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Could you have a look at these screenshots? I am wondering whether the issue came because you may have duplicated the column (since it had the same content, so that crossed my mind)?

Because I deleted that last column - which was the same on the original page - and simply created a new text element in the new column. I pasted some content inside then and updated the page. As you can see, the content became available in translation as a third column and the translation is showing up as well.

Can you try doing this in one of your pages, would that be a suitable solution? At this point, I am not sure what else could it be or how to resolve this in bulk.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 15, 2019 at 6:28 pm #4214159

karenK-9

sorry I understood nothing from your message or screenshots.

>I am wondering whether the issue came because you may have duplicated the column (since it had the same content, so that crossed my mind)

This is not true. Even in this case your plugin shows "pre-filled out" data so I can either edit or check the mark.

In simple words When I was working on articles I had 0 issues (around 70 articles) and then it started this issue.

July 16, 2019 at 7:17 am #4216843

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I'm not sure how else to explain how I fixed it - I simply deleted the text element in the third column ( the one which was not showing up in the translation editor), added it anew and it worked (as per my images).

Another example would be this - It is about this page:
hidden link

I removed all three and added new, added some content inside and they are showing up in the translation editor, where I was able to translate it ( see images).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 16, 2019 at 7:20 am #4216967

karenK-9

1. Did you remove and added the module or did you remove, save and added the module?
2. Why do I need to spend tons of time on removing and adding?

July 16, 2019 at 7:52 am #4217251

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I removed text modules, added new, added some content inside and updated the page. After this, translation editor picked up a new version of these modules and I translated them.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 16, 2019 at 7:53 am #4217257

karenK-9

I will check this tomorrow, however, the question is why do I have to do this over and over again? Why it doesn't work from the first update?

July 16, 2019 at 8:51 am #4217857

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I wish I could give a precise answer, but I don't have it. It could be due to some compatibility issue perhaps with the Divi builder or string translation caching ( if there are many same elements used, with the same content).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 17, 2019 at 12:04 am #4224511

karenK-9

thanks. i will check

July 17, 2019 at 7:08 am #4226307

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, let me know how it goes.