This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 22, 2018 at 1:16 pm #2838187

reneV-4

I am trying to:I recently migrated my website to another provider. Now it is not possible to swith to the WPML transaltion editor. As well on the page-overview page as on the page editor itstself clicking on the pencil results in no action.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:clicking on a pencil resulting in switching to the Translation editor

Instead, I got:no action. Nothing happens

October 22, 2018 at 6:41 pm #2839473

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Can you please try the following:

1 - Check your setings at your WordPress Dashboard > Settings > How to translate posts and pages. Make sure the option 'Create translations manually' is set.

2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes click to swtich to a WordPress default theme temporary, the TwentySeventeen theme can be used here.

3 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins disable all the plugins except the WPML's related ones and try to click to edit a post or page in a secondary language again.

4 - Change your translation editor preferences to the 'Use the Classic Translation Editor' again in your WordPress Dashboard > Settings > How to translate posts and pages

5 - Click to edit a post o page in a secondary language again and make sure the Translation Editor works properly.

6 - Activate the previous disabled plugin one by one, always testing the translation feature.

7 - If everything keeps working switch to your previous theme again from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes again.

Please, let me know the result of these tests, so we can isolate the issue on a theme/plugin level as it seems to be caused by such conflicts. Have a nice day.