This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 31, 2017 at 3:55 pm #1244569

daniC

Hello again,

So the issue is NOT fixed. I don't understand how it worked for a bit yesterday and not anymore.

I want to make sure I did everything correctly in the back-end of the database so I am attaching a screen capture of what it looks like now. I am not very knowledgeable with all this back-end database stuff, so I tried my best to understand your instructions.

Please let me know if I need to change anything else.
I added the "site url link" to both the "site_url field" and the "home field".
AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

I am discouraged right now. I need to finalize my site and this is really delaying everything ;(

Thanks for your help.

March 31, 2017 at 4:55 pm #1244628

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot !

I think what you are experiencing is due to the cache of your browser.

I have flushed GoDaddy's Cache, WPML Cache and also looked at your Screenshot and you filled out the fields correct!

The switcher is currently working as it should.

I do have a quick note to add. Your menu CSS styling is being controlled by your theme, when you switch to the FR version of your homepage it pushes down the FR flag (due to some French words being longer).

My suggestion here is to go to WPML->Languages->Edit your language switcher and uncheck "current language", this will only show the secondary language , and keep your menu intact
I have done that for you already , but incase you want it showing both flags then you can just check the option again from there.

The topic ‘[Closed] It looks like languages per directories will not function’ is closed to new replies.