This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 2, 2018 at 11:42 am #2453369

davidG-36

Hello,

I have 3-language website and has a problem with the Language URL format. I use Different languages in directories and it shows the message 'It looks like languages per directories will not function.'

I don't know what is the reason, because:
1. WordPress is NOT installed in a directory, installed in root.
2. URL rewriting is enabled on my inmotionhosting.com web by default.
3. The web server can write to the .htaccess file.

Also, fopen is enabled on my server and .htaccess file contain the following:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

But anyway, I have the error you can check on the attached image.

I'm using:
WPML Multilingual CMS - Version 3.9.3
WPML String Translation - Version 2.7.3
WPML Media - Version 2.2.3
WPML Translation Management - Version 2.5.2

website url is hidden link

July 3, 2018 at 4:28 pm #2458650

davidG-36

Hello, Is anyone here?!

July 4, 2018 at 12:12 am #2459851

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

When i visit your site i currently can view the front end as expected for both default language and secondary language.

This is a common false negative notice, and the best way to verify this is by visiting the front end.

if the front end is displaying as expected , then this is verified as false negative and you can continue using the URL Structure without problems

if you are seeing an error 500, blank page or error 503 in the front end and its resolved by changing the URL Structure then we will need to further inspect the issue.

July 4, 2018 at 7:16 am #2460426

davidG-36

Hello Bobby,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is, that I can't create/edit the cars in the back end BUT ONLY in English and Russian languages. I get the message: "This page isn’t working. carsandrooms.ge is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"

But in third, Hebrew language, which is hide right now, I can create/edit the cars. Appears it or not, it doesn't matter.

I use Traveler theme version 2.1 and theme's official support said, that it caused by WPML plugin.

For example, they said it here hidden link

And here:hidden link

Anyway, it's quite strange, that I can't create and edit the car pages from primary and secondary languages and can do it fro third language, is not it?

Could you please further inspect the issue and try to help me?

July 4, 2018 at 9:16 pm #2465143

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

I do not believe this is related to your language URL structure being set to "languages per directories" this is a false negative notice you are getting , which we have seen happen in many different servers.

to further verify , regarding the error 500 you are experiencing when you are trying to edit and create cars , is it resolved when you switch your language url structure to "...added as permalinks.." instead of directories ?

also what are your results in a minimal enviroment as this could be relate to some compatibility

please test this:
-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results

July 5, 2018 at 5:22 pm #2468559

davidG-36

I think you meant "...added as parameter" instead of "...added as permalinks".
Yes, I tried it. Same result.

About the minimal environment, I use InmotionHosting's VPS package, so don't think, I have a compatibility problems. But if you tell what kind of information you need, I will provide you with it.

About the test: I found, that car edit/create errors has gone after I deactivated the OptionTree plugin which is necessary for the traveler theme.

July 5, 2018 at 9:03 pm #2469340

Bobby
Supporter

Therefore you should be able to set your Language URL Format as "Different languages in directories" and disregard the notice as mentioned in my previous reply.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/it-looks-like-languages-per-directories-will-not-function-58/#post-2459851

Regarding the error this seems to be related to a compatibility between WPML and OptionTree plugin for the traveler theme.

if possible please verify you are using the latest versions of your theme and its plugins.

also let me know if you can find your theme in our list of comaptible themes
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

we usually recommend contacting your theme provider first regarding this compatibility and afterwards we can move forward with the compatibility process , do keep in mind that we cannot do all the work from our side and if there is indeed a compatibility issue we will need the author to work with us as well.

July 6, 2018 at 2:31 pm #2471117

davidG-36

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using the last version of Traveler theme and its plugins.

About the compatibility, I found traveler theme in your list, but it was Tested on: 26/Jan/2016 and the status is "Compatible with WPML, Has known issues".

Of course, Traveler team knows and works with this problem, but we have no result yet.

July 7, 2018 at 6:19 pm #2472866

Bobby
Supporter

If possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 9, 2018 at 8:47 am #2475537

davidG-36

Ok, I will prepare the test version of website and provide you with all credentials.
I need one day for this.

July 9, 2018 at 4:37 pm #2477203

Bobby
Supporter

Private message re enabled

update here once ready and i will be notified.

July 13, 2018 at 10:51 am #2492010

davidG-36

Hello. Updated. Please, let me know if you need more info/details.

July 13, 2018 at 5:56 pm #2492618

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the access details !

i can see that the theme support has updated you and mentioned that this issue should be fixed in their next release , correct ?

hidden link

July 13, 2018 at 6:26 pm #2492663

davidG-36

Yes, but the problem is, that they are saying this more then 3 weeks already to another users. For example, this man is waiting from June 21 and still has no solution. And he is not alone. hidden link

First they said it was a problem of .htaccess file, then the unsecure connection was the next reason, then they said, it caused by WPML... I think they still don't know what is the reason. That's why they can't declare the next release day.

And another problem is, that every their update has the new bugs and they always say "this issue should be fixed in their next release" and I'm waiting again and again and again... and so on endless and this continues about two years already.

July 13, 2018 at 8:54 pm #2492792

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

The following errors are the reason this happens

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ST_Flight_Location_Models' not found in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/c/wp-content/themes/traveler/inc/travel-helper.php on line 4415

( ! ) Error: Class 'ST_Flight_Location_Models' not found in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/c/wp-content/themes/traveler/inc/travel-helper.php on line 4415

This is definitely an issue with the theme's code as they have mentioned this is the reason they are working on it to include a fix for the next release.

from our side I can escalate this to our compatibility team and our compatibility team will try to contact them regarding this issue and test this issue further.

if this is verified by our team as well that this is not an issue with WPML then unfortunately we will not be able to provide a fix for their code , once there are news we will update you here.