This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 11:29 am #3710667

snaethorG

I am trying to: set "Language URL format" as "Different languages in directories"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

It looks like languages per directories will not function. Details

This can be a result of either:

WordPress is installed in a directory (not root) and you're using default links.
URL rewriting is not enabled in your web server.
The web server cannot write to the .htaccess file
How to fix
When WPML accesses hidden link it gets:
Too many redirects

The expected value is:
<!--hidden link;

April 30, 2019 at 5:42 pm #3713953

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please make sure URL rewriting is not enabled in your web server. Check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/cannot-activate-language-directories/#make-sure-that-wordpress-enables-url-rewriting

Sometimes we will get this as false alarms. So please create a test post and translate it to secondary language and make sure you are getting the expected result in the frontend.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] It looks like languages per directories will not function.’ is closed to new replies.