This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.84 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 10:51 am #4422825

lok-chunS

Hi,

I want to set up my site based on different languages in directories and I got this error:

I have tried to fix it according to your guide but it is futile. Can you please check my site and my server for me?

hidden link

August 20, 2019 at 11:10 am #4423087

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

This ticket has been inactive for quite a while so I'm transforming this chat into a support ticket because I believe you're still encountering the problem. You'll still be troubleshooting the problem with me and this way we will not lose any progress made so far.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 20, 2019 at 11:18 am #4423133

lok-chunS

Hi. As an update for the issue, I found out that Cloudflare is the reason for such error. When I turn Cloudflare into debug mode, it is working properly. How should I config Cloudflare to use it with WPML?

Thank you for reading and your help.

August 21, 2019 at 11:05 am #4430527

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

You wrote: "When I turn Cloudflare into debug mode, it is working properly."
I'm not familiar with the Cloudflare plugin for WordPress can you please elaborate on what does it mean to turn Cloudflareinto debug mode?
Also, please be aware that the Cloudflare plugin is not in our compatibility list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
Therefore it might be a compatibility issue. We'll need to check it further on.
But it is also important for me to mention that sometimes the red error message that you see when you activate the languages in directories can be false-positive.
Are things on the front-end working properly regarding the languages in directories?
If so, then you can ignore the red error message.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 21, 2019 at 11:13 am #4430653

lok-chunS

Thank you for your reply. For Cloudflare I mean Cloudflare CDN service instead of WordPress plugin. By turning Cloudflare into developement mode (it was a typo to call it debug mode), it disable Cloudflare. Therefore, I believe that Cloudflare is the reason for the alert there.

I will come back to after double checking on the front end. Thank you for reading and your help.

August 22, 2019 at 10:53 am #4438481

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

OK, I'll wait to your reply!

The topic ‘[Closed] It looks like languages per directories will not function.’ is closed to new replies.