This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4632025

ralphG-7

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to activate languages per directories.

I'm working on a staging site using WP Staging plugin, I have done the migration from polylang to wpml, and tranlations seems to works, but URL is set on "Language name added as a parameter" but I need the URLs to be on different directories as it was with polylang before pushing changes to production (to avoid SEO issues).

And also another issue I mentionned in another ticket but I didn't get reply yet, how to translate smart slider 3 wwith wpml? I already created a slider for each language (french & english), but when I translate the page with wpml, there is no field to set the shortcode for the slider.
I'm also using elementor (free).

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes : https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/cannot-activate-language-directories/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I don't know.

What is the link to your site?
As mentioned above : hidden link

September 24, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4633157

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If possible please let me know your results if you go to WPML->Languages->set your URL Format to "directories"

are you able to view the frontend as expected and switch to the secondary languages ?

This is a common false negative notice, and the best way to verify this is by visiting the front end.

if the front end is displaying as expected , then this is verified as false negative and you can continue using the URL Structure without problems

if you are seeing an error 500, blank page or error 503 in the front end and its resolved by changing the URL Structure then we will need to further inspect the issue.

additionally regarding the slider i can see that my colleague has replied to your query here
=> https://wpml.org/forums/topic/need-help-with-media-translation-after-migrating-from-polylang/#post-4625253

were you able to review the ticket he is referring to ?

The topic ‘[Closed] It looks like languages per directories will not function’ is closed to new replies.