This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nihadS 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Minesh.

Author Posts
March 8, 2015 at 3:33 pm #573171

nihadS

I am trying to: translate all string from site, but it doesn't work.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: in filter menu translated all strings like Status nekretnine, Lokacija, Tip nekretnine...

Instead, I got: Property Status, Location, Property Type...

March 9, 2015 at 12:21 pm #573600

Minesh
Supporter

Hello and thank you for contacting WPML support!!

1)
Can you please check that such strings are localize in your theme using gettext function __() or _e().

2)
I would like to know from which file such string is coming from. Can you please send me full path of your file from where these strings are displaying.

3)
*** Please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.***

In order to investigate your issue if we require to check things on your install in order to see what could be going wrong there.

If you agree to this please use the form fields I have enabled below this comment box to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP)?

I'm keeping next reply as private.

March 10, 2015 at 10:36 am #574351

Minesh
Supporter

I can see that you did not uploaded MO file and have chose option "Translate using .mo files." at:
=> WPML => Theme and plugins localization

I believe you were confused in option "Translate by WPML" and "Translate using .mo files." Please refer following link that will help you to eliminate your doubts:
=> http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

If you do not have MO files, you should set option "Translate By WPML", scan your theme/plugin for strings and translate into all secondary languages from: WPML => String Translation
=> http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

March 10, 2015 at 9:38 pm #575174

nihadS

First, I selected "translate by WPML" but it doesn't work and WMPL plugin automatically deselects and selects "Translate using .mo files". You can try that and see will it work. Second, I tried "Translate using .mo files". There is .mo file in theme and its empty (but there is .po file with strings). Could you set up "translate by WPML" so that works or "Translate using .mo files"? You can test with string " Property Status" from homepage. Try to produce anything.

March 11, 2015 at 7:04 am #575289

Minesh
Supporter

When I tried to save option "Translate by WPML" it was throwing "500 internal server error" as there is an issue with memory. I have raised the memory to 512M by adding following lines to your wp-config.php file at the top of the file.

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
 define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Now, I have set the option "Translate by WPML" and you can see the string Property status is translated when you change the language.

You need to translate all strings into your secondary language in order to see string translation in effect from:
WPML => String Translation

March 11, 2015 at 11:38 am #575640

nihadS

Thanks man. You solved our problem. Just one more question. We will have 4 languages on site. Is this enough memory you set up or should we raise more? What is maximum size, and will be any problem if we raise?