This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hugoC-2 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 25, 2020 at 1:06 pm #6210457

hugoC-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? I checked my site with GTMetrix and found out that it takes nearly 3 secs waiting time to move from the base url to the language directory

hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

May 27, 2020 at 6:09 am #6226017

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be happy to help you further with this issue.

The Gmetrix shows a list of recommendations that could help, Image optimization, enabling compression and redirects, can you try this recommendation and see if the results are different.

I would also like to know if you are following the suggestion as provided here: https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

Further, can you provide me the speed that you are receiving for the homepage with and without WPML so we can see if it's normal time that's being taken or a performance issue?

Further, We recently released a new version of WPML plugins so can you please update the plugins to the latest version and let me know if that helps.

We push out WPML releases gradually. If your sites haven’t received this update yet, give it some time and you’ll see the update in a few days.

To skip the queue and get the update right away, to the Plugins → Add New page, click the Commercial tab and then click the Check for updates button.
https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/wpml-force-plugin-update-1.png

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 30, 2020 at 8:37 am #6255005

hugoC-2

Thank you, I'll check this out next week and then get back to you if needed.

June 1, 2020 at 2:34 am #6262537

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure, I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

June 10, 2020 at 9:24 am #6339983

hugoC-2

I scanned the site again with GTMetrix and noticed that it takes about 800ms to load the language directory. See hidden link
Is there something that can be done about this?

June 10, 2020 at 9:26 am #6340025

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I think this is normal. I can see you can use optimize the image for better performance. So you can try this.

Thanks

June 10, 2020 at 9:28 am #6340027

hugoC-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!