If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
June 26, 2013 at 9:09 am #139094

Pekka

Hello!

hidden link
Please add one product to cart by pressing the red label: Lisää ostoskoriin (add to cart)

I used to be able to translate items - with string translation. See this image please:

hidden link

I just updated to latest pinshop theme 1.2.4 - I have a Child theme with customations made by themify support crew.

Well, now it´s no more finding the "items" word from Theme Themify..

What has changed here, it seems to be they have removed the term from the theme? How should I translate this now?

Yours,
Pekka

June 26, 2013 at 9:38 am #139115

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Pekka,

Make sure you rescan your theme for strings under "WPML -> Themes and Plugins Localization" so WPML can re-register your theme text strings.

Also, make sure that the textdomain has not changed - ask your theme author
If the textdomain has changed, then you will probably be able to find the text strings under the new textdomain (whatever this may be)

July 4, 2013 at 10:01 am #141561

Pekka

Hi Sarah!

please read this conversation I had with dear support staff of Themify, oldest posts first:

-----

The text domain has not changed, please can you provide a screenshot of the text on the site which you are trying to translate, as this will help us pinpoint the particular string easier.

Thanks.

------

Hello!

Ok, this is the one I want to translate:

hidden link

And see here:
hidden link

only these I find with WPML string translation, after your theme update. I have re-scanned the theme with WPML.

Yours,
Pekka

---------

Hi Pekka, please check
hidden link

In the keywords section, you must add these

__
_e
_n:1,2

the latter is specifically for the item/items string.

-----

Oh Elio, I use only WPML since it works so well With Woo Commerce.

So can I just send this answer of yours to WPML support and see if they can find a solution for this by following your answer?

This "items" was succesfully translated with WPML before the major theme update 🙂

Pekka Varis

--------

Hi Pekka,

Will have Elio to check this tomorrow.

--------

Hi Pekka, feel free forward your concern to WPML since the _n function is a standard WordPress function

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/_n

and as such, I'm sure WPML supports it. They should know better how to enable it for translation.

--------

So now the ball is yours, Sarah!

Pekka

July 4, 2013 at 11:29 am #141596

sarah.n
Supporter

Pekka,

I will send you an email requesting some further information that will help me assist you further. Please stand by.

July 4, 2013 at 11:30 am #141597

sarah.n
Supporter

The email has just been sent. Please let me know if you have not received it.

Thank you.

July 8, 2013 at 10:11 am #142381

sarah.n
Supporter

Pekka this is to let you know that I have received your email. Thank you.

I am looking into the issue now.

July 8, 2013 at 10:46 am #142401

sarah.n
Supporter

Pekka,

Could I ask you please to update WPML and its active add-ons to the stable 2.9 version now that this is released?

You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site. Instructions to update can be found here: http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#2 Only backup your database first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like (search for WordPress backup plugins)

July 9, 2013 at 12:09 pm #142905

Pekka

Hi Sarah!

I updated to latest WPML versions 🙂
All is good exept the very same "item" not translating.

Now you can continue the quest this "_n function" mystery...

Yours,
Pekka

July 10, 2013 at 6:52 am #143161

sarah.n
Supporter

Hello Pekka,

You should be able to find the two strings under the "theme themify" context now.

What we both need to remember (yes me also!) is that for text strings registered using the _n function the "Auto-register strings only when logged in as an administrator " setting (on "String Translation" screen) needs to be temporarily enabled (you can disable it after the string is registered)

Next, we call the front-end page that displays the text string and voila! the string is registered for translation 🙂

July 11, 2013 at 4:21 pm #143892

Pekka

Thank again Sarah 🙂

Have a soooooo good day.

PEkka

July 12, 2013 at 9:48 am #144074

sarah.n
Supporter

You are welcome 🙂