Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by spidercat 6 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
January 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm #96854

spidercat

Hello,

I have a little problem with my jigoshop multilingual.
The buttons in the cart widget stays in italian even in the english version of the shop. Same problem in the checkout page for the "cancel" and "place order" buttons and the text below the paypal option.
All this stuff is not translated. I checked out in the String translation to do it myself but there's nothing there.

So, what I missed or did wrong?

Please check out the problem at:
hidden link

thanks in advance

January 16, 2013 at 1:16 pm #96857

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello there,

Have you tried to scan the plugin for strings?

Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Strings in the plugins"

Check the jigoshop plugin as well as "Load translations if found in the .mo files." at the bottom of the table.

Finally click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings".

Do the strings appear under Strings Translation then?

January 16, 2013 at 7:50 pm #96986

spidercat

Hey Sarah,

thanks for the quick reply.

I did as you said but I get only english strings.
The english version of the buttons's text is there but for some reason they don't appear in the english version of the website's shop

January 17, 2013 at 5:09 am #97005

spidercat

I solved the issue with cart widget by duplicating it and using widget logic to show the different versions according to the language but still I have the problem unsolved in the checkout page 🙁

January 17, 2013 at 5:57 am #97014

sarah.n
Supporter

I will send you an email to get some more information that will help me assist you further.

January 21, 2013 at 12:18 pm #97949

sarah.n
Supporter

Hello Jerry,

I received your email with the login access details. Thank you. The FTP details are missing the username. Do you think you can provide that still please by email?

January 22, 2013 at 7:19 am #98141

sarah.n
Supporter

Jerry,

Thank you I received the info.

Let us go back to the original problem:

The buttons in the cart widget stays in italian even in the english version of the shop. Same problem in the checkout page for the "cancel" and "place order" buttons and the text below the paypal option.

The first thing I did was to go under "WPML -> String Translation" and activated "Auto-register strings only when logged in as an administrator" Then I added a product to the shopping cart. I took screenshots of what I see - please see below.

One more thing. Can you please make sure that "Original language of strings" is set to "English" under "WPML -> String Translation"?

The reason why I ask you to do this is explained here: http://wpml.org/faq/string-translation-default-language-not-english/ read the part under "When your site includes English, but it’s not the default language".

January 22, 2013 at 2:24 pm #98287

spidercat

Hello Sarah,

I still see the "cancel" and " place order" buttons in italian, it could be that jigoshop recognize my location?

About the setting of String Translation if I set english I would then redo all the translations?
And the text below Paypal option will be translated automatically? I don't see that string in String Translator.

Besides that, There's any way to save the work I already done? I have thousands of images in nextgen gallery and it would be very distressing to redo all the descriptions.

Sorry for all these questions, but I'm not an expert at all.

Thanks in advance

January 23, 2013 at 8:08 am #98441

sarah.n
Supporter

Jerry,

You wrote:

I still see the "cancel" and " place order" buttons in italian, it could be that jigoshop recognize my location?

Have you tried using a different browser?

About the setting of String Translation if I set english I would then redo all the translations?

I hope you took a moment to read the information I linked to. Is reads: "This means that the String Translation should always translate from English to other languages."

Therefore, all text strings saved in widgets and theme/plugin settings should be in English not Italian.
This does not affect any other content (posts/pages/etc.)

Start with your theme and plugin settings. All text strings saved there must be in English. I took a screenshot of your payment gateway settings as an example. See below.

And the text below Paypal option will be translated automatically? I don't see that string in String Translator.

Is the PayPal option saved in your plugin settings? What language is it saved in? Based on the above article it should be in English.

Make the change first. Then visit your checkout page where that string appears. At this moment it should be registered under String Translation for translation to Italian.

If I were you I would copy the current Italian text and save it in a .txt file so when you have to enter it in String Translation it will be a matter of "copy and paste".

Besides that, There's any way to save the work I already done? I have thousands of images in nextgen gallery and it would be very distressing to redo all the descriptions.

The above refers to strings saved in theme/plugin settings and widgets. You should not have to touch any other content whether this comes from posts/pages/images.

Sorry for all these questions, but I'm not an expert at all.

Never be sorry for asking questions! This what we are here for 🙂

January 23, 2013 at 10:48 pm #98832

spidercat

Hello Sarah,

thanks for your answers.

So that's what I did:
In "String Translation" I tried to set english as the main language and replaced the italian Pay Pal message in english. I checked String Translation and the italian version of that message was already there and marked as "translation complete"

The result of doing that was:
-The "Cancel" and "Place Order" buttons remained in Italian even in the english version (in Safari, Chrome and Firefox). At this point, if you see them in english I presume jigoshop have some kind of way to recognize my browser location or anyway get some preferences from my browser.

The PayPal message didn't change in italian and english version. But now it was just in english than italian.

The widget sidebar disappeared completely from the italian version, there was just a message telling me that I have to configure them as they was never be there.

All the descriptions of the images from nextgen gallery remained in italian even in the english version. Of course because I did them in italian and then translated in english with String Translation.

So, since the problem was not solved and I feel it would be useless and time consuming to go back and change all the nextgen images description in eglish and then translate them back in italian.
My solution right now that the website is finshed is then just to remove the PayPal message.

Everything else it seem to works, so even if I did something wrong setting the String Translation in italian I don't feel the need to rework on so many strings.

I don't know if I missed or did something wrong or if the plugin (talking about the PayPal message and the buttons) has a bug. Anyway to me just removing that message was enough.

I marked "My issue is solved" even if the problem with that PayPal message it seems to be not.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Jerry