This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 9:24 am #2790105

williamK-15

I am trying to: assign another translator while a translation job is not yet completed.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: the translation management page

I expected to see: I can assign another translator through a pull down menu.

Instead, I got: the job is marked as "complete" on the translation management page, but when we (administrator) edit it, the "translation is complete" check box is not checked.

October 8, 2018 at 12:41 pm #2796005

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

could you explain me your process? It's the translator who refused the job and marked it as completed or it's you who removed the job?

October 11, 2018 at 8:50 am #2807224

williamK-15

If I did not assign a translator and entered something in the translation, the job would appeared as "completed" despite no one click the "translation is completed button". As a result, I cannot assign others to continue the work.

October 12, 2018 at 7:31 am #2810993

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I did some tests but I don't experience what you say. Maybe I'm missing something.

My process:
- add my admin user as Translation Manager
- add a few users as Translator
- open a page and create a translation for in (with Translation Manager)
- I saved the translation but not marked it as complete
- in the Translation Management page, I see this translation as "in progress" and I can still add it to the basket and assign it to a Translator.

If you did something different, please let me know so I can try to reproduce the issue. Otherwise, we have to think it's caused by something different, for example by a compatibility issue.

The topic ‘[Closed] jobs that are not checked completed are shown as completed jobs’ is closed to new replies.