Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 24, 2018 at 1:23 pm #2575063

nielsM-2

The following URL is not loaded with a ?ver=1.2.3 query parameter, making it quite hard to apply good caching techniques:
- hidden link

Please provide a ?ver= parameter when loading this URL.
Thanks!

July 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm #2581279

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

In my test site, I have the version parameter added: hidden link

It could be there is a plugin that is removing it, maybe a minifying or caching plugin? I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

July 30, 2018 at 8:37 am #2593015

nielsM-2

I tried but the URL is still not versionized. I'm using version 4.0.5 of the plugin.
class-wpml-cookie-scripts.php (the file loading the language-cookie.js file) is including it by:
wp_enqueue_script( 'wpml-cookie', ICL_PLUGIN_URL . 'https://cdn.wpml.org/res/js/cookies/language-cookie.js', array( 'jquery', 'jquery.cookie' ) );
Note that wp_enqueue_script takes an optional version parameter as its 4th parameter (which your file doesn't provide). So it's clearly a problem on your site 🙂

Provide the version information like such:
wp_enqueue_script( 'wpml-cookie', ICL_PLUGIN_URL . 'https://cdn.wpml.org/res/js/cookies/language-cookie.js', array( 'jquery', 'jquery.cookie' ), '4.0.5' );

Thanks!

July 30, 2018 at 3:31 pm #2594831

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for testing that for me. I've escalated this to our 2nd tier support so that they can get this resolved for you. I'll update here as soon as I have more information.

August 8, 2018 at 7:44 am #2623235

nielsM-2

Hi, what's the status on this? Thanks!

August 8, 2018 at 1:28 pm #2624933

Lauren
Supporter

Our developers are currently working on this and as soon as I have more information, I will update here. I appreciate your continued patience.

July 27, 2021 at 5:12 pm #9282021

Lauren
Supporter

Fix was included in WPML update.