This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Refresh notification icon keeps spinning forever when translating any content Solution: Going to WPML > Translations fixes the issue - as the status is updated and the job populated and working. Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by benediktK-3 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 10:47 am

benediktK-3

I am trying to: Transmit translated pages to my website tr.strasus.eu

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: only in backend of tr.strasus.eu, contact me for credentials

I expected to see: the icon with two cogs, indicating that the translation is saved

Instead, I got: the spinning icon, indicating that the translation is not done, yet. Webserver logs show:
tr.strasus.eu-web | <ipv4 address cut out> - - [22/May/2019:10:41:31 +0000] "POST /wp-json/wpml/tm/v1/ate/jobs/receive/21 HTTP/1.1" 404 155 "-" "rest-client/2.0.2 (linux-gnu x86_64) ruby/2.5.3p105"

May 23, 2019 at 9:53 am #3873171

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you give me step-by-step info on how is this issue replicated? I am not entirely sure I get the whole picture on how this works.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 23, 2019 at 10:10 am #3873523

benediktK-3

Since I provided credentials for my site, I suppose steps describing the procedure on my site are ok.
1: go to tr.strasus.eu/wp-admin
2: click on "pages"
3: go to second page
4: for "STRASUS im Überblick" click on the spinning icon for translating to Dutch (forwards to wpml editor).
5: Translation is already done, so just click on finish and redeliver
6: back on "pages" on our site, the spinning icon is still the same. For most of the pages this turned to a cogs icon after delivering the translation. For some it keeps the spinning icon.

In the logs I can see the corresponding POST request failing with a 404. So I suppose that the url of the request, coming for the wpml editor and delivering the translation, is wrong?

May 23, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3874913

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I can see the issue now (translations not being received from ATE and the spinning icon) - can you tell me if the issue is there only when the following plugins are active:
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

REST Api is not working and let's see if any of the other plugins is causing this, so disable all the other plugins and try then. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 23, 2019 at 1:00 pm #3875519

benediktK-3

Hey,

thanks for your response. Issue is still there. I deactivated all plugins except the three you listed. You can test yourself.
I checked the logs again, still looks the same:
tr.strasus.eu-web | <cut out ipv4> - - [23/May/2019:12:58:49 +0000] "POST /wp-json/wpml/tm/v1/ate/jobs/receive/24 HTTP/1.1" 404 155 "-" "rest-client/2.0.2 (linux-gnu x86_64) ruby/2.5.3p105"

May 23, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3875539

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can I ask you the following then? In order to debug this issue, can you install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 23, 2019 at 1:54 pm
May 23, 2019 at 2:28 pm #3876729

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I downloaded packages and tried on my localhost, but to no avail. I asked our 2nd tier to check this out and will keep you posted.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 24, 2019 at 7:38 am #3881857

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It seems like that is was reported on some sites and only visiting hidden link got the status updated and all these translations update. Can you check now? I can see it spinning for 3 translations only, but these don't seem to have any translation yet?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 24, 2019 at 9:27 am #3882947

benediktK-3

Wow, thanks so much! Mostly works now (see below).

The "Impressum" page still doesn't work. If I click on + for adding a translation, the site is complaining about technical issues and the logs show a http 500. Would you please look into this as well?

Thanks in advance! Log message below...

tr.strasus.eu-web | 2001:16b8:a5b:2d00:a5aa:664f:83c9:df9c - - [24/May/2019:09:24:52 +0000] "GET /wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpml-translation-management%2Fmenu%2Ftranslations-queue.php&return_url=%2Fwp-admin%2Fedit.php%3Fpost_type%3Dpage%26ids%3D770&trid=75&language_code=nl&source_language_code=de HTTP/1.1" 500 2865 "hidden link" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Safari/605.1.15"

May 24, 2019 at 10:04 am #3883225

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

When I try adding this page through Translation Management, I get this message (see image). Can you do this?

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Reproduce the issue - open hidden link

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

Or perhaps provide me with FTP so that I can check if I am getting anything? I marked your next reply as private.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 24, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3884573
benediktK-3

Can't give you access on the machine, since it's a dockerized env with many sites... sorry

Log content is this:
[24-May-2019 12:00:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Cornerstone_Register_Strings::register_strings_for_modules() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/st/compatibility/class-wpml-page-builders-register-strings.php on line 58 and defined in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders-cornerstone/src/class-wpml-cornerstone-register-strings.php:9
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/st/compatibility/class-wpml-page-builders-register-strings.php(58): WPML_Cornerstone_Register_Strings->register_strings_for_modules(NULL, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/st/class-page-builder-integration.php(61): WPML_Page_Builders_Register_Strings->register_strings(Object(WP_Post), Array)
#2 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Page_Builders_Inte in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders-cornerstone/src/class-wpml-cornerstone-register-strings.php on line 9

New threads created by Bruno Kos and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-json-receive-fails-with-404/

May 24, 2019 at 1:08 pm #3885021

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

No worries, I may have done it now. Can you check that other ticket I created? Is there anything else I can help with on this one?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 27, 2019 at 11:29 am #3896495

benediktK-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!