This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eddie 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 29, 2018 at 7:24 am #2857002

Eddie

This is a follow-up of: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/just-copy-all-images-to-translated-page-no-manual-translation-needed/

Hi there,

I can't get rid of notification to end the media setup: 'WPML media translation is almost done. Click here to end the setup.'

But when i do so i get 18 pages of images to translate - which i don't want to. But i do like to get rid of the notification.

Regards, Ed'

October 30, 2018 at 2:37 pm #2862227

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If you go to WPML -> Settings and scroll down to Media Translation, you can check the boxes to translate the media to all languages. After you run these steps, do you still see the message about ending the setup? Also, if you don't want to use different images for different languages, you can disable the WPML Media Translation plugin.

Even if you do not want to translate the images, you will need to complete the setup in order for that message to disappear. Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 30, 2018 at 2:52 pm #2862290

Eddie

Hi there,

i ran through the 'start' media translation. But the notification stays - not sure why.

October 30, 2018 at 3:00 pm #2862342

Eddie

add. i have the current media settings: screenshot

I'm happy with deactivating the wpml-media plugin. But will images still be copied to the corresponding page in another language?

October 30, 2018 at 9:22 pm #2863703

Lauren
Supporter

Please access your database and look in the wp_options table for wpml_notices. Delete this value. Does the message reappear after that?

Also, you do not need the Media translation add on if you want to use the same image. You can still duplicate the image to each language under WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation.

October 31, 2018 at 7:28 am #2864573

Eddie

Hi Lauren,

I'm considering disabling the media plugin then. For now we only have 1 image with caption that needs translating. Can we still do that manually?

Regards, Ed'

October 31, 2018 at 5:05 pm #2866893

Lauren
Supporter

Yes, you can translate the captions, title, description, etc. The Media Translation add on is only required if you want to use different pictures in different languages. To translate the captions, you can do that either in the Media Library (switch languages using the admin language switcher) or directly in the translated post.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 31, 2018 at 7:19 pm #2867276

Eddie

Ah, then i was mistaken. All makes sense now, I go deactivate the media plugin and keep on translating..

Thanks again! Ed'