Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Just copy all images to translated page without manual translation

Solution: WPML uses duplication to make media files available in all languages. So if you want to copy all the images to secondary languages, you can go to WPML->Settings->Media Translation and follow the below steps: - Enable Translate existing media in all languages - Enable Duplicate existing media for translated content - Enable Duplicate the featured images for translated content - Click start

If you want automatically copy the image in the second language when you upload new images you can follow the below steps: - Go to WPML->Settings->Media Translation ->How to handle media for new content: and follow the below steps: - Enable When uploading media to the Media library, make it available in all languages - Enable Duplicate media attachments for translations - Enable Duplicate featured images for translations - Click Apply.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eddie 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 10:25 am #2799474

Eddie

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Is there a way to just copy all images to a page in a new language automatically. I don't have captions etc that needs to be translated. Or can i even just disable media plugin?
(in earlier versions i recall images weren't always copied to the new language)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

I keep getting the notification to finish the media translation setup, but i don't want to do anything with it.

Regards, Ed'

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 10, 2018 at 5:48 am #2802982

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

By default, WPML uses duplication to make media files available in all languages. So if you want to copy all the images to secondary languages, you can go to WPML->Settings->Media Translation and follow the below steps:
- Enable Translate existing media in all languages
- Enable Duplicate existing media for translated content
- Enable Duplicate the featured images for translated content
- Click start

If you want automatically copy the image in the secondary language when you upload new images you can follow the below steps:
- Go to WPML->Settings->Media Translation ->How to handle media for new content: and follow the below steps:
- Enable When uploading media to the Media library, make it available in all languages
- Enable Duplicate media attachments for translations
- Enable Duplicate featured images for translations
- Click Apply.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

October 10, 2018 at 6:37 am #2803112

Eddie

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 22, 2018 at 9:05 am #2837397

Eddie

Hi there,

i still get the noticiation to end the media setup: 'WPML media translation is almost done. Click here to end the setup.'

But when i do so i get 18 pages of images to translate - which i don't want to? I'd like to get rid of it.

Regards, Ed'