Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
November 25, 2019 at 2:40 pm #5014685

oscarL-20

Hi,

I would like to translate my emails after shipping on my website. I've tried to follow the following subject but I did not get the steps : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-strings-from-kadence-email-customizer-not-working/

I would like to translate my already personalized french email in english. But I don't know how to proceed. AS you can see, I don't have any access to select the language at the top of the page to personalized the email in english.

Thanks,

Oscar

November 26, 2019 at 9:40 am #5019657

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I took a look at some of the tickets around Kadence WooCommerce Email Designer and it is not yet fully compatible with WPML. However, you should be able to translate your emails since they appear to be Admin Texts that are stored in the wp_options table.

Please follow these steps to register and translate Admin Texts:

Register Admin Text
- Go to the WPML -> String Translation page
- Click on the link for Translate texts in admin screens at the bottom of the page
- Find the string you need to translate. Usually the strings for WooCommerce Order Complete Emails will be located under a heading with woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings in it. In this case, you also want to look for strings under kt_woomail
- Click the Apply button

Translating Admin Texts
- Go to the WPML -> String Translation
- Recently registered strings will now be available near the top of the table
- Look for the strings you want to translate
- Click on translations
- Translate the text, or provide a translated value for the setting (e.g. Post ID or yes / no)
- Check the box for Translation is complete
- Click the Save button

You may also need to add the following code somewhere in your functions.php. This solves an issue with the plugin that was reported by previous users.

/*
Plugin Name: WPML Fix for Kadence WooCommerce Email Designer
*/
add_filter( 'woocommerce_email_format_string', function ($string, $email) {
    $string =  apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $string, 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings', '[woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings]heading' );
    $string =  apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $string, 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings', '[woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings]subject' );
    $string =  apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $string, 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings', '[woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings]body' );
    $string =  apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $string, 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings', '[woocommerce_customer_processing_order]heading' );
    $string =  apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $string, 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings', '[woocommerce_customer_processing_order]subject' );
    $string =  apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $string, 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings', '[woocommerce_customer_processing_order]body' );
    return $string;
}, 21, 2);

Please let me know if you require further assistance once you try these steps. I will happily provide more steps, or ask for temporary access to your website to provide screenshots of where to translate the emails from.

November 29, 2019 at 11:06 am #5042181

oscarL-20

All right. Finally, I follow your instructions and I found the way to translate the Kadence plugin through strings translation. Thank you. Nevertheless, I would appreciate that you integrate the code somewhere in my functions.php. I really don't feel at ease with integrating code.

Would you help me ?

Oscar

November 29, 2019 at 11:11 am #5042205

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

While we cannot provide custom coding services or support custom on your website, I feel I can safely add this code to your functions.php since it is recommended by our development team.

I have enabled private responses on your next reply to this thread. Please re-share your access credentials and I'll add the code once I regain access.

I'll be happy to help you further as required once we test after this change.

The topic ‘[Closed] Kadence WooCommerce Email Designer’ is closed to new replies.