This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by damianP-8 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 10:28 pm #4391023

damianP-8

I’m using ACF date / time field and WPML on my WordPress site. This field return date in current choosen site language. For eg. if I choose english version I get date like “Jan 05” but when I choose polish it’s changed to “Sty 05”. I would like to prevent that and keep always english version, no matter what site vesrion is choosen. How can I do that?

August 14, 2019 at 12:05 am #4391155

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Please go to Custom Fields - Field Groups - choose the date field and set it to Copy.

The instructions including screenshots for setting the field to copy can be found here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-simple-fields

Let me know if you have any questions.

August 14, 2019 at 11:51 am #4394613

damianP-8

Thanks for reply! Unfortunately I don't see those options in ACF field. Should I turn them on somewhere in WPML preferences?

August 14, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4394833

damianP-8

Ok, now I see there is a plugin for that so now I see all those options. My based language is polish and second lang is english. When I set translation of this field to "copy" like you like you mentioned, data output format is still depended of site language. I want to keep this field in english, on polish and other languages translation too.

August 14, 2019 at 7:55 pm #4397279

damianP-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!