This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 2, 2019 at 7:44 am #3936969

lior

Im using products as untranslated items, for that i have updated the translation option of the product post type to make products look as translatable...

I have created translations to all the product categories.

On the second language the product categories stays empty which causes problems on the category display

Is there a fix for that ?

hidden link

June 3, 2019 at 10:35 am #3941575

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Could you try to go to
WPML -> Support -> "troubleshooting" link -> "Synchronize post taxonomies" button (you have to choose Products of course.
Please do a backup first.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

June 3, 2019 at 10:38 am #3941585

lior

already tried 🙂
didnt work

June 3, 2019 at 10:53 am #3941711

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

what happens if you set product categories as "fallback to the default language as well"?

Could you give me your credentials so I can better check the issue? I'll enable a private reply.

June 3, 2019 at 12:58 pm #3942531

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

would be possible to have English as admin language for this user? I don't speak Hebrew and navigate the site is quite challenging even knowing the options. I tried to set it myself but I can't.

June 3, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3942671

lior

This conversation is private ? can i add new username/password ?

June 3, 2019 at 1:17 pm #3942689

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you can edit your previous post directly. The only private parts in this conversation are private replies and your debug/site information.

June 3, 2019 at 2:13 pm #3943315

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

could you try to install WooCommerce Multilingual? Your issue might be caused by its lack.

June 4, 2019 at 12:34 pm #3951681

lior

Tried it but now it doesn't display the products on the English site

June 5, 2019 at 3:13 pm #3962217

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the delay in replying but I wanted to check a few things.

What you want is not possible due to a limitation of the setting "fallback to default language".
When you use this option, you don't create a product in the other language, so you can't assign a category to something that doesn't exist.

If you want not to translate products but to use translated taxonomies, you'll need to duplicate products in your second language, in this case you can use categories in the language, because a product will exists.

I hope I'm being clear.
Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.