This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm using WPML on the website together with the Travel Tour theme by GoodLayers. I'd like the tours' reviews to be shown on all the post's translations without having to attach them once per language

Solution: It seems that this kind of change requires custom coding. Each review is connected to the tour in its own language so using the same reviews across all the tour languages is difficult.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Apulia Vending s.r.l. 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
March 6, 2020 at 5:13 pm #5636927

Apulia Vending s.r.l.

Dear support,
I'm using WPML on the website together with the Travel Tour theme by GoodLayers. I'd like the tours' reviews to be shown on all the post's translations without having to attach them once per language.

Could you help, please?

I hope I've been clear enough.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

March 9, 2020 at 10:11 am #5646617

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

If the review system is using the WordPress comments system, then it's not possible to display reviews of all languages actually. You can read the following reply from our another supporter to understand this better. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/show-comments-in-all-languages-2/#post-938020

You can give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the reviews system and see if there's anything I can do to make them appear across all the languages of a tour.

Thanks,
Radu

March 10, 2020 at 9:11 am #5653189

Radu
Supporter

Hey Liborio Fedele,

Thank you for giving me access to the dashboard area. I had a look at the structure of a tour and I could see the reviews area. As I can see, this is a custom section created by the theme.

Is there any chance that you could send me a link from a tour that has a rating on it, please? I checked a couple tours but none of them have reviews. I want to see if I can find how the reviews are saved on the tour and if there's any way to make them appear on the translation too.

Thanks,
Radu

March 10, 2020 at 9:50 am #5653523

Apulia Vending s.r.l.

Hello Radu,
thanks for your kind help. I just added a review to the following tour, please find it below.

hidden link

Regards,
Liborio Fedele

March 10, 2020 at 10:03 am #5653603

Radu
Supporter

Hey Liborio Fedele,

Can you check the English translation of the tour and tell me if the review was already there, please? Did you add it manually?

Also, can you try to add the translation for some other language, and tell me if the review appears on it too, please?

Thanks,
Radu

March 10, 2020 at 10:11 am #5653641

Apulia Vending s.r.l.

Hello Radu,
I just added it manually from the tour backend.

The tour mentioned has it own translation in Italian, but as you can see the review does not appear. I also tried to find it among the string translations, but I did not find it.

Thanks.

Regards,
Liborio Fedele

March 11, 2020 at 12:01 pm #5662759

Radu
Supporter

Hey Liborio Fedele,

I looked into this a bit more, trying to find out a way to do what you're looking for. Unfortunately, it seems that this kind of change requires custom coding. Each review is connected to the tour in its own language so using the same reviews across all the tour languages is difficult.

I'm sorry that I cannot do more to help you with this. If you're looking to use some help for creating this custom code, you can look for a contractor right here https://wpml.org/contractors/

Thanks,
Radu

March 11, 2020 at 12:54 pm #5663251

Apulia Vending s.r.l.

Hi Radu,
that's all clear, thank you for your kind help and for your suggestion too.

Regards,
Liborio Fedele