This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 5:57 pm #2818493

alexanderR-36

Dear WPML Support Team,

I am trying to make the Klarna Checkout page Multilingual. For that reason I want to translate the field "Phone (Optional)" "Bestellnotiz (Optional)" and "Anderes Zahlungsmittel benutzen".

As you can see there is an mixup of languages. I was able to change "Select Other Payment Method" to german. However, the German Text does not change when translating the label in the WooCommerce settings.

How can I adjust the translation for the checkout page? Also how do I change the size of the field "Select other Payment Method"

The link to the website is: neu.doobiewood.com

October 17, 2018 at 12:14 pm #2824515

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

From what I can see the "Phone (Optional)" and the "Bestellnotiz (Optional)" strings are correctly translated.
- Did you manage to fix those strings?

The translation method of a string depends on its source.

1. If the string has been set from the plugin's option, then you need to register and translate it using these steps:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

2. Sometimes the strings are registered, but they are set in the wrong language.
You can verify by looking at the flag shown beside the string in WPML -> String Translation
- If the language is not correct, you can change it by following this steps:
- Select the affected string
- Scroll down and press the "Change the language of selected strings" button
- Select the correct language of the string
- Translate the string

3. Can you please give me more details about this request?
How do I change the size of the field "Select other Payment Method"?

If you mean the size of the "Order notes (optional)" field, then you can use this CSS code:

textarea#order_comments {
    width: 500px;
    height: 100px;
}

Thank you

October 17, 2018 at 8:55 pm #2825889

alexanderR-36

Thank you very much Vincenzo,

I managed to find the correct string translations. However, the field ist still very small and the CSS Code did not fix it. Is there maybe another way of fixing it? I am using the Bridge Theme by Qode.

Another issue also came up. Whenever I try to put the language switcher in Footer Column 2 (Middle) the Buttons do not center. I tried according to another topic on that but it did not work for me (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/center-language-selector/). I attached a screenshot for that.

It would be amazing if you could help me with that!

October 18, 2018 at 8:03 am #2827103

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

I'm glad to know that the main issue is solved.

About the size of the "Order notes (optional)" field, try adding this CSS code in Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS:

.woocommerce-page textarea#order_comments {
    width: 500px;
    height: 100px;
}

For support rules, we are able to handle only one issue per ticket.
May I ask you to open a new ticket for the new question about the language selector?
This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

If you wish you can assign the ticket to me.

Thank you

May 13, 2019 at 12:36 pm #3798187

edwardH-16

Hi,
I have the same issue my Klarna checkout page is in Finnish but I need it to be in Swedish, but can't find the translations? I post an image!

May 18, 2019 at 4:19 pm #3839309

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello edwardh-16

this ticket is closed.

May I ask you to open a new ticket?

You can do it from here: https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/

Thank you