This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by albertoS-20 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 10, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4733163

albertoS-20

I am trying to:
i need to have the korean suffix url correct, now is .ko that isn't correct. I need to have .kr

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

hidden link

Thank you for any help

October 11, 2019 at 1:34 am #4734591

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

WPML is using the "ko" language code for Korean by default.

According to ISO 639-1 Language Codes, the recognized language code for Korean is "ko"

List of ISO codes:
hidden link

With WPML you do have the ability to add a custom language in which you can set the language code to your desired one.

Go to WPML->Languages->Edit Languages->Add a new language using the "kr" language code.

NOTE: when creating a new custom language you cannot use a default locale being used by another language.

If you wish to use the default locale "ko_KR" , I recommend changing the default locale of the default WPML Korean language to "kor" for example and then saving.

After this change, you can proceed to now add your new custom Korean language with the "kr" language code and "ko_KR" default locale.

October 11, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4738603

albertoS-20

Hi Bobby, thanks a lot for the clarification, ok for me.

Alberto

October 11, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4738627

albertoS-20

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!