This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.38 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Gravity forms conditional fields not working in translated language.

Solution: Usually, conditional fields have Label and Value. If you want to show the conditional fields on translation languages you need to translate label only and set the value as not translated. If you translate the value, the conditional fields don't work. Please go to WPML -> Strings Translation and uncheck "Translation is complete " checkbox for the conditional fields values if it was previously translated.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by normandA 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 10, 2018 at 5:49 pm #2805342

normandA

Les conditions logiques qui font fonctionner mes formulaires en français ne fonctionnent pas en anglais. Seulement les formulaires qui affiche un nom bilingue fonctionnent comme INTERNET ou encore TRIO. Mai tous les autres que j'ai traduits ne fonctionne pas.

en français = hidden link
en anglais = hidden link

Prenons l'exemple du formulaire OBTENEZ UNE SOUMISSION RAPIDE. Comme expliqué sur votre site web, j'ai tenté de traduire que le FIELD LABEL 49 ou encore que les DESCRIPTIFS du BOUTON RADIO 23, mais rien ne fonctionne (voir les images jointes).

Pouvez-vous m'aider?

Benoit Laporte

October 11, 2018 at 3:14 pm #2808857

normandA

Hello, I did not received any answer about my request.

Je n'ai pas reçu de suivi sur ma requête.

Merci

Benoit Laporte

October 11, 2018 at 3:39 pm #2809029

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. You have submitted this ticket on the English forum, so I will be continuing in English. If you prefer to continue in French, please let me know and I can reassign this ticket to a French speaking supporter.

If I understand correctly, your gravity forms logic is not working in the secondary language. Usually, conditional fields have Label and Value. If you want to show the conditional fields on translation languages you need to translate label only and set the value as not translated. If you translate the value, the conditional fields don't work. Please go to WPML -> Strings Translation and uncheck "Translation is complete " checkbox for the conditional fields values if it was previously translated.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 11, 2018 at 5:21 pm #2809279

normandA

Thank you Lauren for your clear explanation. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me.

Let’s continue with my example with the choice of OBTENEZ UNE SOUMISSION RAPIDE / GET A QUICK QUOTE.

In the STRING TRANSLATIONS, I have the original field-49-label who is translated to GET A QUICK QUOTE.

And I kept UN-TRANSLATED the RADIO-23-choice-5-SOUMISSION-value as well as the RADIO-23-choice-4-OBTENEZ-UNE-SOUMISSION-RAPIDE-value.

But the OBTENEZ UNE SOUMISSION RAPIDE choice is now the 5th choice, and the “SOUMISSION” is actually an old one, that was changed to OBTENEZ UNE SOUMISSION RAPIDE.

So the correct value that is missing on the list should be RADIO-23-choice-5-OBTENEZ-UNE-SOUMISSION-RAPIDE-value.

Could you tell me how can I change the RADIO-23 value to the correct one?

Do you think that this could be the source of my problem?

I hope my explanation was clear enough...

Benoit Laporte

October 11, 2018 at 5:30 pm #2809312

normandA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Lauren!