This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by daniloB-8 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 16, 2019 at 6:31 pm #3828939

daniloB-8

> Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have three lang switcheres installed but see only one in Top menu of Avada theme!?

> Is there any documentation that you are following?

Jep ... WPML for nobs 😉

> What is the link to your site?

hidden link

May 17, 2019 at 12:21 am #3829955

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Can you please confirm if you have actual translations for your homepage? The language switcher will only show the language options if there are translations available for the current page. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/#language-switcher.

Please, let me know if you need any further assistance and clarifications. Have a nice day.

May 17, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3836365

daniloB-8

Marcos hi

Just stared with translating and I have only HOME page translated already. Only fully translated pages is a must for switcher to be shown? I have MENU translating problems as well. Nothing to add to translated LANG from Menus Sync. There is no Edit click possibility at all?

May 20, 2019 at 7:26 pm #3849903

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting due the weekend. As said before you need to have your pages fully translated in order to see the language switcher working. As regarding menu translation I recommend you to give a detailed look at: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/. Please, let me know if you needa any additional assistance and clarifications. Have a nice day.

May 21, 2019 at 5:36 pm #3857779

daniloB-8

Jep I got it worked. What I still missing here is non of my original language slider isn't working with translated page even if I followed your Avadavat Theme Fusion Slider translations guide. Any hint please?

May 21, 2019 at 7:04 pm #3858369

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 22, 2019 at 2:49 pm #3866851

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3867049

daniloB-8

Done as you suggested. Thanks!

May 23, 2019 at 6:16 pm #3878625

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look in your website using the migrated copy, I noticed your translated slides are not assigned to a translated slider. Here is how you should proceed:

1 - Click to edit your home slide from your WordPress Dashboard > Fusion Slider > Add or Edit Slides click to edit your 'Domov' slide and then change to the 'English' language using the top admin bar language switcher, doing so you are able to edit your translated slide using the default WordPress page/post editor. See attached image (screen_customer_80_01)

2 - Make sure your translated slide has the exact same settings of your default language slide and you are assigning it to an existing translated slider. See attached image (screen_customer_80_02).

You can confirm the results of these steps at: hidden link (the images are missing here due cloudways server configurations).

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

May 26, 2019 at 6:47 am #3891207

daniloB-8

Thanks I got it worked but some (two) of slides are still not visable even if I overwrite it with default language content and translat it again, see pic for not worked one.

May 28, 2019 at 12:59 am #3901663

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. In which page can I see the mentioned slides? I need this information in order to see which slides are missing and why. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

May 28, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3906927

daniloB-8

Marcos hi
It's MACHINERY and EMPLOYMENT-RENTAL where slides are missing. And you don't believe me! Translated slides to my second Deutsch language is not working either, non of all six slides even if I fellow your instructions, damn! I try disabling Cache plugin with no success. Thank you.

May 28, 2019 at 6:35 pm #3909413

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a further look in your website and noticed you don't have any german translations for your sliders as you can see in the attached screenshot (customer_screen_81). In the case of the missing translations for your 'Machinery' and 'Employment Rental' pages I noticed you didn't assign a slider for these pages in the english translation as you can see in the attached screenshot (customer_screen_82). So in this case you should take these actions:

German Translations

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Fusion Slider > Add or Edit Sliders make sure to add a german translations for your default language sliders.

2 - Now assign your current slides to the german sliders in your WordPress Dashboard > Fusion Slider > Add or Edit Slides

Missing English Translations

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages click to edit a page where you see the missing translation in the english language.

2 - Now, assign a slide for the page in the page settings.

Maybe you will need to clear your browser cache in order to see the changes. I tried it in chrome incognito window and it worked properly for the 'Machinery' page.

Please, let me know if you need any further details and assistance. Have a nice day.

May 28, 2019 at 8:32 pm #3910047

daniloB-8

Oh ... Problem with translating slides was browser cache on most times here! I switching it from Firefox to Chrome with WP Super Cache today with all translations made it very fast!

Marcos thanks for your support you may close this slides issue as resolved!

Grazie, Danilo

May 28, 2019 at 8:45 pm #3910081

daniloB-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!