Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mamdouh 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Mamdouh.

Author Posts
October 9, 2020 at 9:56 am #7197125

marieA-9

We(our team) want to change source and target languages when sending files to smartling.

the source language is Brazillian Portuguese and code pt-br and target code pt-BR

October 9, 2020 at 11:39 am #7198155

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ticket moved to translation services team

October 9, 2020 at 12:16 pm #7198481

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

This is Ahmed Mamdouh from the translation proxy team.
Kindly be informed that the mappings are added successfully.

Don't hesitate to contact us if there is any other issue.

Best regards.

October 9, 2020 at 12:19 pm #7198487

marieA-9

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks, can you please confirm it is mapped in hidden link ?

October 9, 2020 at 12:22 pm #7198495

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, the mapping is done in hidden link

Best Regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

October 9, 2020 at 12:27 pm #7198503

marieA-9

Thanks,

We have been trying to test send some pages on the hidden link getting this error on trying to send the translation basket off to Smartling:

(12) Invalid state 'translating' to complete operation
Rollback jobs...
Batch rolled back

Can you please look into this?

Regards

October 9, 2020 at 12:44 pm #7198647

marieA-9

Hi Ahmed we are dealing with the same issue on hidden link and
hidden link.

I have checked the debug log., there is no issue related to WPML at all.

I can sense that there were some issues at the time of sending URLs. They are https not http. I am most concerned that the information given to you was incorrect and offer my sincere apologies.

October 12, 2020 at 5:44 am #7209225

marieA-9

Hi Ahmed,

Would you please provide any update on this?

Regards

October 12, 2020 at 10:48 am #7211501

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi,

I've checked our logs but I can't find any related logs to this issue, so I'll need to replicate the same behavior to be able to trace and investigate the issue causes.

Could you please provide me with the website admin credentials, the page that you're trying to translate, and the language pairs?

I set your next reply as private to be able to share the credentials safely.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

October 13, 2020 at 10:11 am #7218057

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi,

After checking the issue we found that the "Redis Object Cache" Plugin is the main cause for this issue, once you deactivate it, you will be able to send jobs to The Translation service without any problem.

Also, you need to ask Smartling to add the following language pairs (en-gb -> pt-pt) in order to be able to translate to Portuguese.

To be able to debug the rollback jobs problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this, you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services)

#Important:
As the snapshot file will be quite big, you can exclude the images if the file is very big, you can use the filters to exclude the uploads file and also use the filter to exclude any compressed files with these extensions .rar, .gz and .zip )

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you can provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

October 14, 2020 at 10:07 am #7226211

marieA-9

Hi Ahmed,

Everything is working as expected except the "Portuguese" translation. Also, It is mentioned that my team wants the source language Brazillian Portuguese and code is pt-br and target code pt-BR(smartling) for the site hidden link.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Regards,

Sana

October 14, 2020 at 11:30 am #7227097

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi,

I've mapped from pt => pt-br for hidden link website, please check and let me know if you are facing any problem.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.