Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 12, 2019 at 2:35 pm #4199859

Molly Fitzg

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for clarification, Can you please send me instruction, that I can follow to test this solution?? Because for me it is still not working...

July 12, 2019 at 4:13 pm #4200421

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

In this link you will find our official documentation about Advance Translation Editor: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Best regards,
Carlos

July 14, 2019 at 3:02 pm #4205761

Molly Fitzg

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your response..

Does it mean, whenever I would update English page content, I would need to update other languages manually??? Please confirm

July 15, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4212009

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

No, the Advance Translation Editor should keep the option to automatically translate the content, as this is triggered per each page/post.

Regards,
Carlos

July 16, 2019 at 8:43 am #4217685

Molly Fitzg

Hi Carlos,

Sorry to say, But it is not working...

I have updated content of this page (hidden link) and this is not translating in any other languages. I am also sending you screenshot, that clearly shows, It is not translating automatically from English language.

Going forward, site that I have shared with you is test site, so feel free to make changes, if you like to make any changes, just keep me updated with your changes..

any early response is highly appreciable

July 16, 2019 at 10:21 am #4218997

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I visited the page and I can see that you created new content within the ACF. Please follow this steps:
- Edit the page -> Go to Multilingual Content Setup section -> Click on 'Show system fields' link -> Scroll to the bottom of the list and set to 'Translate' the four new ACF -> Save the changes.
- Make a small change in the content of the new fields -> Save the page -> Update the translation.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

July 16, 2019 at 9:46 pm #4224107

Molly Fitzg

Hi carlos,

I have made new field translatable save changes, and made content update but new content did not translate in other languages. Please check screenshot

July 16, 2019 at 10:44 pm #4224357

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you point out exactly what was the content you changed?

Regards,
Carlos

July 17, 2019 at 10:08 am #4228563

Molly Fitzg

Hi carlos,

I have changed first block color and updated content to well done In the first box, and fourth box color has been updated...

July 17, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4229819

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you tell me if you created the German version of the 'What is Wellmune' page and then set it as a translation of the English page?

If not, then I recommend you remove the page in German and create it using the regular translation.

Note: Please update all outdated plugins in the site, specially ACF plugin.

Regards,
Carlos

July 17, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4230241

Molly Fitzg

Hi Carlos,

All pages are translated from English. German page is also translated from English...It's not about just German, All languages have not been updated with English content update in this page

I have updated all plugins again now... Please suggest accordingly, If still you want me to delete German language page and create it again from English translation???

July 17, 2019 at 2:12 pm #4231053

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Yes please, delete the German version of the page and translate it again. Does the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos

July 17, 2019 at 4:22 pm #4232113

Molly Fitzg

Hi carlos,

I deleted German Page and created new page with English translation.

Then make content update of the English page and still it has not updated in the German or any other languages... I have updated text with why in first block

July 17, 2019 at 8:06 pm #4233323

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I visited the site and the German translation needed to be updated. I updated the German translation using the automatic translation option from the Advance Translation Editor and the German version seems to be translated correctly.

Could you confirm that the page is translated correctly?

Regards,
Carlos

July 18, 2019 at 9:59 am #4237159

Molly Fitzg

Hi Carlos,

No, It is missing testimonial fields, I can't see any content update in english; automatically translating in German or any other languages. Just to let you know, we are using 9 other languages and none of the languages are updating with English translation... You can see other languages, from header drop down as attached screenshot...

I can translate manually each language, but I am looking for solution, so that whenever I update content in English language, it can automatically translate those update in other languages...

I also tried to update German language content of this page and after update, my custom filed values disappear from admin...