Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 38 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4240085

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,
I suspect we are focused on different issues.

In your previous message you wrote: "whenever I update content in English language, it can automatically translate those update in other languages" -> This is not possible in WPML as our plugin creates a platform to translate the content but it doesn't automatically translate the content.

The closest step to automatic translation is described in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/#machine-translation

Could you tell me if this is what you are looking for?

Regards,
Carlos

July 18, 2019 at 4:09 pm #4240803

Molly Fitzg

Hi Carlos,

Yes, I was under impression, Plugin does auto translation of the content, whenever any update has been made in the English page content... Anyways, Thanks for confirming this functionality does not exist in WPML...

July 18, 2019 at 4:11 pm #4240813

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Sure, I'm more than happy to assist you and answer any question, and I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards,
Carlos

July 24, 2019 at 4:07 pm #4276313

Molly Fitzg

Hi Carlos,

I'm coming in new to this thread as I think there was some miscommunication of the issue that we're encountering. I'll try to sum it up as succinctly as I can:

We have a custom field on our homepage. This field was created in English, and then submit for translations into the other languages. These were then translated by a third party and published. No issues here.

The problem arises when we go to update this custom field. The field is set to "copy", so we expect it to copy the updated English content over to the translated sites. This content could potentially be sent for translation, but we would ideally have the updated English content replace the old translated content on the site.

We don't want to replace all of the content, so the "Duplicate Content" option within the translation management won't work.

Please let me know if this isn't clear and I can try to write it up in a different way.

Thanks,
Natalie

July 24, 2019 at 4:30 pm #4276375

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Natalie,

In this case you need to set to 'Copy' the custom fields you desire to be copied and set to 'Translate' the custom fields you desire to be translated.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Best regards,
Carlos

July 24, 2019 at 7:02 pm #4277117

Molly Fitzg

They are set to copy, however they are not being copied over when the English page is updated.

July 24, 2019 at 7:16 pm #4277145

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Could you tell me if you added a new field or a new row?

Regards,
Carlos

July 29, 2019 at 5:25 pm #4302535

Molly Fitzg

Hello,

No it wasn't a new row; it was an existing row that was updated.

I did, however, test this with a brand new page and it worked as expected, so I'm suspecting that there may be some database issues.

Additionally, there's another error we've found where whenever a page is updated, there are 9 copies of that page created in WordPress. We have 9 languages on the site, so I feel there's a correlation to that. I found a similar issue here (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/pages-infinitely-duplicating-on-save/), and am hoping you can help us resolve this ASAP.

Thanks

July 30, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4307767

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

As this new issue is different than the original one I kindly ask you to open a new ticket describing the issue and the steps to reproduce it. This way we will be following the forum's rule of one issue per ticket. Also, this will help future clients to find answers to similar questions in the forum.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos