Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesM-53 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 9, 2021 at 9:47 pm #9371477

jamesM-53

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We are attempting to have all uploads use the same domain, so when editors are uploading content to a page that is being translated, the domain for the media will use the default locale domain.

Is this possible?

August 11, 2021 at 10:24 pm #9385397

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

If you want to use different domains per language (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-url-options/how-to-use-wpml-with-different-domains-per-language/), the WordPress setup will be set up on only one domain and the other domains will be set up as in the documentation URL.

All the media is stored on the main website so no worries - there won't be different domains in the media URLs. When media translation is being used, there's practically a new entry that get's added to the database.

I hope that you will find the answer helpful. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 12, 2021 at 2:03 pm #9390589

jamesM-53

When I upload media with the Chinese Locale active, it prepends the domain of the Chinese locale to the file path of the image, but I need it to always be the url of the wordpress instance.

I am not sure why that is happening. Do you know why that would be?

August 13, 2021 at 10:43 pm #9397585

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Can you please give me an exact example of that URL so that I can better understand what do you mean?

I will be waiting for your response.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you next week.

Mihai

August 14, 2021 at 2:49 am #9398395

jamesM-53

I fixed it with the following code, in case anyone else runs into this issue:

add_action('init', function () {
remove_all_filters('upload_dir');
});

August 14, 2021 at 2:50 am #9398397

jamesM-53

Resolved.