This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
August 3, 2019 at 7:41 pm #4335007

demetrisG

I am trying to: Simply login with my credentials using Greek language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: User dashboard in Greek Language.

Instead, I got: User dashboard in English language.

I am not sure what is causing this lang change but something is not working right. There are also some other pages such as submenu links in the user dashboard where the url was siteurl/?lang=el?status=active and it was not working. I tried to add after active &lang=el and it worked but this is not the best solution in the world.

I have also tried to add status as the keyword that the WPML shouldhave in mind through settings but it didnt work either.

August 4, 2019 at 6:11 am #4335683

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

That means your profile is set to English and the site is set to Greek.

Please change your backend language from Users>Your Profile Language : hidden link

This select field will specify the language used for your backend. Please note that this will be only applied to the specific user account.
If you want to browse your backend in a different language with a different user, you'll need to edit his profile to specify it.
Otherwise the backend will be displayed in the language you used to install WordPress.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

August 4, 2019 at 9:03 am #4335893

demetrisG

Hello Riffaz and thank you for your fast response. Let my define the issue a bit more. I do not want to set any language through WP profile page. I suppose than I have selected the language that I want through header widget lang chooser using ofc WPML. The selected language is what I want for the entire site. So, when I login with my user/pass I want to keep the selected language. I have attached some images below, it is the login procedure and if you will look carefully you will see than when the login is successfull the user is redirected in a profile page when the language is ENGLISH (which is my default) but the initial language before clicking the Login button was Greek. So, to summarize all that everything goes just fine when I use english language and login. However when I have choosen Greek language and try to login, as soon as the profile page appers the language is changed to the website defualt language which is English. It should keep the user selected lang which is Greek.

At step1 i click at top right corner "Login"
At step2 i fill the user/pass credentials and click login.

** Notice that till now the selected language is Greek. **

At step3 I am redirected to the profile page/dashboardand the languge is English.

It SHOULD be GREEK.

PS. I have also read this post: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-log-in-it-redirect-me-to-another-languages-dashboard/ but didnt solve my issue.

thank you for your time.

August 5, 2019 at 5:12 am #4337877

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

If you change the language in after login Users>Your Profile Language : hidden link do you see the backend in Greek?

If no, what happns in you do these steps?:

1. go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization
2. select the option "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup" in localization option : hidden link
3. save
4. logout
5. go to Greek login page and login

what is the dashboard language now?

Let me know.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] Language changed after login page.’ is closed to new replies.