Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 8, 2018 at 10:28 am

natcharinthornA

Please refer to ticket #1453212 -- after that ticket was closed several new language columns suddenly appeared in my database and they are conflicting with any updates I make. Backend updates save fine, but unfortunately no changes are visible in the frontend and are only partially visible in certain sections of the backend.

The culprit preventing these changes from being visible are several new columns in my database that were not there before: "rendered_en_us" "textsearch_en_us" "rendered_sv_se" and "textsearch_sv_se" -- I do not know where they came from or how they got here.

I suspect that when ticket #1453212 was closed these db tables were created because that is exactly when this issue first appeared. Since then I have wasted countless hours but all to no avail. The solution eludes me and now Realtyna (WPL) is playing the blame game again and has referred me back to WPML. Can you please advise?

Thanks very much for the assistance! 🙂

January 8, 2018 at 8:59 pm #1477086

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue. What is the post you are referring to where the content is not being changed?

About custom columns, this seems to be the way the plugin works. This is not being created by WPML, this is being created by the "Real Estate Listing Realtyna" plugin.

From what I've noticed, these columns are being generated in the file wp-content/plugins/real-estate-listing-realtyna-wpl-pro/libraries/addon_pro.php on line 581.

As the author of your plugin is doing these posts/translations in a personalized way and with custom columns, ideally you should contact him to ask if generating such columns is expected and why this is affecting the behavior of your site.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Language columns in database prevent updates from being visible in front&backend’ is closed to new replies.