Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 17, 2022 at 11:26 am #11237223

tomerC-2

I have a site with multiple language (EN, DE, ES and IT), from time to time the content of the languages change to English, the page itself stay, for example, in German but the main page content change to the EN main version, this is happening in all sub language on, what seems to be, random pages.

for example, on DE pages, The title, META description, canonical etc... stay in German but the main page content change to the EN version.

Manually resaving the translation fix this but few days after that the content on the DE page goes back to EN.

I can point out what is the trigger for this as we are working on the site on a daily bases and we do a lot of changes and multiple people are working on the site.

Can someone please help me and point me to the right direction because I have no idea why this happen.

May 17, 2022 at 12:06 pm #11237683

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I would have to take a look at the backend. Is there a particular page where this happens consistently?

Please send the URL of that page if so.

Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

May 23, 2022 at 6:08 am #11276101

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for the info....we will not make any changes.

However, I do need to have an example to look at that illustrates the issue. Can you provide a URL or the page-id where this is happening?

Are you able to reproduce this situation? It is normally very difficult if not impossible to debug events that happen randomly.

May 23, 2022 at 12:24 pm #11280363

tomerC-2

We still have this issue but we can't understand how and why this is happening, so we can't really reproduce this issue.

But for example the homepage content hidden link was add to hidden link, hidden link and hidden link

The strange thing, is that everything was, for example, in German on this page hidden link except the main content, I mean the Title and META description, canonical etc... was in German but just the main page content changed to the content from the EN version of the site (hidden link).

Again, this is something that happen from time to time (If I have to guess, once every 3 weeks) and we can't understand what is the trigger as this is hard to notice, we only notice when the site start to drop in ranking due to duplicate pages/content.

Please note that this happen on multiple pages not only the homepages, some inner pages had the same issues.

May 23, 2022 at 12:30 pm #11280421

Yvette
Supporter

The only thing I can suggest is to do the following:

1. When it happens again, first take a Duplicator snapshot of your site.

2. Then fix the issue as you always do.

3. Open a new ticket and send us the Duplciator package or the site with the issue present and access to your fixed site.

Right now - there is nothing for me to troubleshoot or resolve.

The topic ‘[Closed] Language content randomly change to English’ is closed to new replies.