Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sebastianK-50 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
November 21, 2018 at 3:58 pm #2927408

sebastianK-50

Hi there,

we have created directories for both languages (DE/EN) at our website. For some pages we're using a Plugin to customize the permalink.

The Plugin is creating Canonical-Tags to avoid Duplicate-Content. Unfortunetly the Canonical-Tags are created with a double slash after the base URL (hidden link). The permalink structure of the site is /%permalink%/. So we think that the trailing slash of the language directory is not needed. Is there a workflow to disable the trailing slash?

Thanks for your answer in advance

Best Regards
Sebastian

November 23, 2018 at 2:17 pm #2934493

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the final slash is added by default and I'm not sure is related to the permalink. Can you show me a page where I can see the issue?

December 3, 2018 at 11:16 am #2961778

sebastianK-50

Hi Laura,

well we fixed this on our own but now we have another issue.

We are using multisites and need to change the default language from german (Germany) to german (Austria) for austria. The problem is that i can't select austria as location for the german language.

We want that alle the content which was created in german still will be available under de_AT.

If we currently try to change german to german for austria were getting an error "The locale already exists.".

How can we change the german (Germany) to german (Austria) without losing content?

Thanks for your help so far

Regards
Sebastian

December 3, 2018 at 11:28 am #2961884

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi Sebastian,

see if the solution from this topic can help you. It's quite similar so I think you could adapt it to our situation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/change-language-name-from-chinese-to-zh/

However, if you need further help, I suggest you open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient. You can also assign directly a new ticket to a supporter you had at least a resolved ticket to, so you can reduce queue time.

December 3, 2018 at 12:34 pm #2962137

sebastianK-50

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!