This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 3:11 pm

fernandaM

Hi

Looks like the "Language directories" is not working on my website. I already contact the support of Site Ground (host) and did reply saying that can be an issue related to the plugin. I'm attaching his answer and the error as well. Please, let me know how it can be fixed. Thank you!

July 31, 2019 at 5:56 pm #4317189

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

When i visit your site i currently can view the front end as expected for both default language and secondary language.

This is a common false negative notice, and the best way to verify this is by visiting the front end.

if the front end is displaying as expected(you can see both languages home page with the directory in the URL ) , then this is verified as false negative and you can continue using the URL Structure without problems

if you are seeing an error 500, blank page or error 503 in the front end and its resolved by changing the URL Structure then we will need to further inspect the issue.

August 1, 2019 at 12:06 am #4317855

fernandaM

Hi Bobby. Thanks for getting back to me.

Both languages are working great, but the issue that still persists is the duplicate URL after installing the WPML plugin. I've tried to contact the Site Ground support, but they said it's plugin-related. I'll add a screenshot of the URL issue (you'll notice that I have the same url paging ending with and without a slash. Both url's work, but I would like to have just one of them). I'm attaching the screenshot from the sitemap .

Thank you

August 1, 2019 at 12:07 am #4317859

fernandaM

Screenshot*

August 1, 2019 at 5:10 pm #4324381

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

How are you currently viewing your sitemap ?

when i view it from sitemap.xml i can only see the correct URL for privacy policy and it shows once only