This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My site is not looking right. its CSS is broken.

Solution: The problem is with Avada's Caching system (or any other caching plugin). Disable them while making any changes to your site (specially WPML related) because it can make your site look broken. If the problem persists, please empty your browser's cache. if the problem still persists please open a new ticket.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickF-16 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 7:19 pm #2812956

patrickF-16

I am trying to figure out how to remove the language directory and just use the french worded directory rather than fr/thedirectoryinfrench.

right now the language directory breaks my css. For an examples please check out the following:

hidden link

How can i remove the /fr

October 13, 2018 at 4:00 pm #2814333

patrickF-16

Hello? Im stuck and i cant work on my site, please someone help.

October 15, 2018 at 11:09 am #2817043

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this problem.

I checked your site but couldn't find the issue you mention. both versions of the site look exactly the same but with the correct content. i tried checking your source code looking for errors but apart from a few different classes, everything else seems to be in place and working correctly.
(you can check the screenshots attached to see how i'm seeing both links

I would greatly appreciate if you could give me more information on the problem, maybe the exact place on that link mentioned in your answer where i can check the error, or maybe a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end.

I could give you 2 recommendations in this case:

1) If you want to remove the language directory, you can go to WPML > Languages > Language URL format and choose one of the other 2 options available.

2) Disable all the caching system in your Avada theme settings (if you have anabled them in the theme's advanced settings) and try to flush your cache/check the page in incognito mode, because sometimes caching can make your site seem broken for many different reasons.

Please let us know how it goes and don't hesitate to answer this thread if you keep having issues with your site. we'll gladly do our best to help you solve your problem.

October 18, 2018 at 2:08 pm #2828219

patrickF-16

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!