This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 10:02 am #4503231

awanR

I am trying to: configure the language drop down in the header menu

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link please see issue in the header menu It is a language drop down issue

I expected to see: hidden link please see issue in the header menu It is a language drop down issue.

Instead, I got: please fix the language dropdown issue asap

September 3, 2019 at 11:06 am #4503811

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Awan,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I checked this out and it seems that this issue about the language switcher that's not appearing well is related to the theme that you're using. The theme doesn't offer support for second level menu items and that's why the language switcher is not working either.

Just as a test, you can edit the header menu and add a sub-menu item. If you check the menu on the front-end now, you'll see that the new item is displayed next to the parent item, not in a dropdown.

This is a limitation from the theme, not from the plugin. As the description of the dropdown option for the language switcher says, this is good for menus that support drop-downs.

Now, you can try to either change the theme or use the language switcher as a list of flags, not dropdown.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Language downdown is not working’ is closed to new replies.