Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by amyL-11 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
January 21, 2021 at 1:16 am #7892515

amyL-11

I am trying to:

Edit the site, but the admin language keeps changing and forcing me to reset it. But then it never sticks.

January 21, 2021 at 4:07 am #7893287

Riffaz

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

You can change your backend language from Users > Your Profile Language : hidden link

This select field will specify the language used for your backend. Please note that this will be only applied for your user.
If you want to browse your backend in a different language with a different user, you'll need to edit his profile to specify it.
Otherwise the backend will be displayed in the language you used to install WordPress.

And for your front end language you can change / select it here : WPML > Languages > Site Languages > change default language : hidden link

but you can not see this language in front end if you are using front end editor.

Hope, this will help you.

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

January 22, 2021 at 12:00 am #7901661

amyL-11

I have used those tools but AS I SAID, they do not stick.They are always changing.

January 22, 2021 at 8:25 pm #7909019

amyL-11

My issue is not resolved now, but looking for another solution